Trying to explain

The silence between you and Kakashi was heavy. You both leaped over the rooftops in Konoha trying to get as fast as possible to the gate to meet up with Sakura and Naruto. You wanted to talk to Kakashi, apologize for what had happened but no apology was good enough. You had hurt the one man in your life that never had done anything to even remotely hurt you and you hated yourself for it. 

Shouting for afar pulled your mind back to the present time and you followed Kakashi as he jumped from the last rooftop to run towards the gates. Dust sprung up from the ground with every step you both took and it wasn't long until you saw Naruto and Sakura. 

Sakura was rubbing Naruto's arm in a soothing way, trying to get him to calm down but it didn't seem like she was very successful at it. The blond was yelling and flinging his arms rapidly. It was obvious that Naruto was pissed beyond belief because of you and Kakashi showing up late and for once, you couldn't blame the kid. You would have been here on time, if you hadn't been 'sucking face' with Itachi. 

"Naruto, please calm down" Sakura pleaded with tears threatening to fall from the emerald green eyes. You rushed past Sakura and grabbed Naruto's shoulders, shaking him out off his hysterical fit. "Naruto, calm down, right now!"

You screamed right into the boy's face in an attempt to make him snap out of it but for a moment, you feared that your actions would do more harm than good. The irises of his eyes were a fiery red color and you could only pray that he wouldn't strike at you in his moment of fury.

The blond finally came to his senses and relaxed his tenses up muscles under your hands. His breathing was heavy and made his chest heaved up and down rapidly.

The eyes returned to their original bright blue color but you knew that the chakra of the nine tailed fox was lingering under the surface. Maybe it would have been better not to drag Naruto into this mess of a mission.Just when you opened your mouth to tell Naruto, you were interrupted by Kakashi.

"Okay, listen up. We heading out, I'm up front, Naruto and Sakura behind me and Y/n you will be our rear. any questions?"

Nobody spoke, the only response that Kakashi got was Sakura nodding her head. He turned around on his heels and leaped forward, closely followed by Sakura and Naruto with you a few feet behind them. Kakashi was sending you a clear message with the line-up. He was taking as much distance as he could get from you and it made your heart cringe.

You tried your best to focus on the task at hand but with Itachi's sudden appearance, that moment of forbidden passion and Kakashi giving you the well deserved cold shoulder, you felt terrible. Your eyes stung and you cursed yourself for allowing Itachi to come back into your life and giving in to the temptation of finally getting that last kiss you had dreamed off for so many years since he left.

You repeatedly tried to keep your mind on the mission and to scan your surroundings, checking for any out of place chakra's but you found yourself zoned out more than once. You didn't even notice Kakashi gesturing everybody to halt until you almost stumbled over Sakura.

"Okay, it's getting dark so we're setting up camp for the night. Naruto, firewood, Sakura, food, Y/n, tents."

Kakashi didn't even look at you, he had looked at Naruto and Sakura but his eyes would never go near you and again you felt a pang through your heart.Sakura seemed to notice Kakashi's cold attitude, especially towards you.

The young kunoichi wanted to ask what was going on but she was interrupted by Naruto.

"We can't stop Kakashi-sensei! We have to get to Suna and help them get Gaara back! We should keep moving!" 

Kakashi dropped his back to the ground, grabbed his book for his pouch and started to walk away. "No, set up camp like I told you to,"Kakashi started to walk away, infuriating Naruto even more.You feared that the nine tails soon really would be taking over Naruto and right then and there, you risked everything you had in your life.

"For fuck's sake Kakashi! Don't take it out on the kids! Just explain to them-"

Kakashi didn't even to bother to look at you. He just halted his movements to reply to you in the coldest voice you ever heard from him.

"You explain it, I heard you good at that."

His words stung. Each word that fell from his lips broke off a piece of your heart. You pushed back the tears that threatened to spill and forced yourself into a smile.

"Naruto, I understand you want to continue but we have to rest up in case we're engaging in battle. We can't fight when we're tired."

At first, Naruto looked like he was going to scold you for agreeing with Kakashi but even the blond knucklehead had managed to register Kakashi's change in character towards you so he shrugged his shoulders and went into the opposite direction of Kakashi. Probably searching for firewood as ordered by Kakashi.

"Y/n-sensei?"

You turned around to face a sad looking Sakura. The girl's green orbs were dull and faced the ground, hiding from whatever it was that made her upset. You felt a headache coming up but you weren't willing to take your misery out on a young girl who didn't have anything to do with it, so you put on another fake smile.

"What is it Sakura?"

"Why is Kakashi-sensei mad at us?"  

You placed a hand on the shoulder and rubbed it in a comforting way."Kakashi isn't mad at you Sakura. Just let him be, he'll come around."

Sakura seemed somewhat relieved but it didn't last long. Kakashi came stomping back into the clearing, staring daggers at yourself and Sakura but the sight of the untouched gear on the ground.

"Having a nice tea party girls? We're on a mission for crying out loud!"

Sakura seemed like she was going to cry and she hurried out of the sight, searching for either food or Naruto.

The air between you and Kakashi became thick and heavy. It was uncomfortable to be near a furious Kakashi, especially if his fury was directed to you. The charcoal eye that always showed some kind of warm and loving feeling was now ice cold. It made you tremble in fear but at the same time, you knew that Kakashi would never do anything to physically hurt you.

Nothing was said between the both of you, but you knew you needed to try and settle this before Naruto and Sakura would return. The shake of the mission was at stake and not even for a moment, you would allow anybody to get in danger, just because you and Kakashi were fighting.

"Kakashi, please just let me explain."

Kakashi threw his hands in the air in defeat and anger and started shouting. "Like there is an explanation! You and Itachi Uchiha, the man who hurt you on more occasions that you can count, were making out!" 

I shouldn't have done it, but-"

"No buts y/n-chan! You were kissing Itachi! Itachi Uchiha for crying out loud! That man broke your heart and left you here to rot! Only to annihilate his whole clan! He stole you from me once, I'm not going to allow him to take you from me again!"

By now Kakashi came dashing forward and grabbed you roughly by your upper arms. Within a tenth of a second, he had pulled down his mask and slammed his lips against yours, kissing you passionately.His tongue forced itself into your mouth and instantly dominated the whole kiss. One of his hand grabbed a portion of your hair, pulling it harshly, deepening the kiss in the process. You groaned in pain but you had to admit it. This was the most arousing kiss you had ever received.

After running out of breath Kakashi pulled back from the kiss. Both of you were panting heavily by now and your knees grew weak under Kakashi's intense and angry gaze. His hand still held the chunk of your hair and the only thing you could do was stand there and watch him.

Kakashi leaned in again, whispering against your lips, "I'm going to make sure you know who you belong to," before claiming your mouth again and pressing his body against yours. You had a feeling, you were in for a long night...