If You Were Real (💔)

EDIT: Thought of keeping it fluff in the end 🥺

Summary: Tony Stark is a fictional character and you love him, but there is something that bugs you a lot about it.

Warnings: Angst but all fluff in the end 💞

Word Count: 868

A character you love, but fictional?
Means, the feelings you have for them is also not real.

The reason why you feel happy is because of them. But, they're not real. You cannot touch, feel or kiss them because they don't exist.

You want to comfort them in their hard times but you just can't. They are dying, but you're not with them in their final breaths.

You always broke down in tears, knowing the one whom you loved and cherished, isn't even real. They're just a living superhero in a TV screen fighting to survive and save the world. You couldn't do anything. Whenever they get hurt or someone hurts them, it was like a spear piercing through your heart. You can just sit idle like a dumbass and cry about it.

When they fall in love with somebody? You're happy, but you wish.. it could have been you instead of the person they loved.

You stare at the screen, showing a video of your beloved love, Tony Stark. He basically existed inside your computer and meanwhile you, who was totally real and could only see but cannot feel him.

You were upset about the same reason, as he looks at you worried.

"What's wrong, my love?" He said from the screen, and you look up at him with almost tear filled eyes.

"Tony.. I always thought.. if you ever were real, I could have done anything to reach you. But.." You shook your head. The worse, you even cannot feel him caressing your cheek.

"Baby.. what?" He grew more worried, and heard you sob in pain.

"You're not goddamn real! How am I supposed to share feelings when.. you aren't an existing person. I really want to help you Tony. I understand you, I feel you but.. it's all invisible like it never will happen.."

Tony shook his head, realising that you were saying the truth. He wasn't real, and just a living fictional character. But, he didn't lose hope and kept on giving the love you wanted. "Baby, you know.. it doesn't matter if I'm not real. If you can feel me, even after I'm not here with you, that means.. that is true love. I'll always exist in your imagination and on your serials, to make you happier. I know how many people love me and, want to marry me. Everyone might be facing the same problem too, because they know I don't exist. But, they still live their life happily, right? They still cherish their favorite character. Like you should. You shouldn't even feel bad if I don't exist. Be glad that the creators created a character that usually comforts your soul. Not to torture. You often fall in love with villains because you understand their feelings and what past they've gone through. For me, that'll be very different.. but at least.. if I'm here, then don't worry. I'll always exist in your computer, television, your accessories, your pictures of me and your memory. I won't leave you, Y/N. Never."

You felt like to cry for what Tony said, but he wasn't wrong either. You were just afraid that if anything happened to him, you wouldn't live. "But.. what if you.. you died?"

He sighs. "Like your world says, everyone has to die someday. Like me. I'm too a human like you, Y/N. I don't know when the creators will kill me but.. even if it'll be the end, and you'll not be there. I'll first remember you, Y/N. I promise. My mind will always remember you, even up there in Heaven."

Your sobs became weeps, and hugged the screen. "I don't want you to die.. please.. don't leave me alone, I beg you!"

"Shhh.. I won't leave you, but I just gave you the example, sweetheart. But, I'll always live with you, alright? You're that one amazing woman that I met and ever loved. Your smile is what also keeps me alive you know that? Or else, I would have stopped existing. Now.. don't cry. And go read some fanfictions or.. draw something about me. Just believe in me, even if they kill me, I won't die." Tony winked, making you chuckle and wipe off your tears.

".. thank you, Tony.. I-I finally understood what to do."

"See ya, babe." He finger guns and you close the application, and off to do your other work.