The Forgotten Story | Part 5

Summary: Part 5 of The Forgotten Story

Warnings: Full of suspense and cliffhangers! The end might shock you a lot

Word Count: 1,168

-

I followed El Hombre outside the room, but suddenly he disappeared out of my sights. Looking through every single space in the house, he was nowhere to be seen.

There was something weird about him. I swear. I knew he wasn't a family member.

If I knew him, how I didn't feel about it in the first place?

And the red aura.. from dad's eyes. Was that from.. the cloaked figure's magic?

Does it has something to relate with my past? Or, the sorcerer is trying to plan something that I don't know? It's trying to make me weak by doing all this.

By making my dad who he was instead, what I wanted to. But why?

It wasn't even leaving my parents alone. I maybe understood that it's trying to make all things worse, by bringing my disastrous past in this, happy-filled reality that I created. By torturing me and my parents too.

My dad was the other victim with me. That's it, I have lost my temper. This has to be stopped. I attempted to leave but my dad stopped me.

"Anthony!" He shouted, and I turned around to see him coming towards me, with mom and Jarvis supporting him.

"Dad?" I ran to check on him, he looked incredibly weakened. Maybe the magic was the cause. Gently closing my eyes, I pressed his forehead gently, using my aura to cure him back. He could now walk properly, as mom and Jarvis left him.

"I'm normal.. how?" Dad looked at himself.

"It's not the time to question about this dad. The real one is, where is El Hombre?"

".. E-El Hombre? Who do you mean, son?" Dad raised an eyebrow, and my suspicions were coming to a perfect conclusion.

"El Hombre de Hierro? Your partner and best friend? My uncle?"

".. I don't remember a friend being named El Hom.. h-om.. de, argh what it even is?"

"You sure you don't know him?"

"Dear, I swear to God. I have never heard such a name like that from your father too. I don't remember someone coming in here too." Mom replied.

"Jarvis, but you saw it right?"

"Sir, I was downstairs with master Howard, I had no clue when and where they left." Jarvis shook his head.

I left myself in a state of thought and utter confusion. This wasn't the way how it should have gone. That El Hombre was a strange person and the presense felt so weird from the first time, when I saw him.

It wasn't so friendly at all, either.

"Mom, Jarvis, stay with Dad.. I'm coming back." I quickly left the house, arriving outside. I see people walking through the footpath and children playing in the park, but no sign of El Hombre. Using my telepathic powers, I close my eyes and remember where can the culprit be.

I found it, in an unknown, abandoned space.

Opening my eyes, I found out the area, and with the flick of my fingers, I reached the destination. The surrounding was cramped dry, had no life.

Something which was so similar to my nightmare too.

While walking further, it grew darker and darker, my anxiety growing. I could only hear my footsteps, and my breathing. It just got more dark and I was all myself. But, something that I never realised to happen, I heard.. voices..

"Anthony! S-save us!"

"Son, we're dying!"

"M-Master Tony.. p-please.. don't do this.."

I stopped. I saw him.
My "uncle".

He was looking at me, with a wicked smile. It only glared but didn't respond anything.

I narrow my eyebrows. "Reveal yourself. What are you, and what do you want from me and my family!"

El Hombre didn't speak anything, instead, it walked away. I gasped and then ran to catch him up but got lost again. There, I could see many tricks in front of me, such as a small maze that I had to go through. Entering in the grassy pathway, and going closer, I saw him again, and walked away again. Not giving up, I ran to find a way out of here, and by luck, I did. But, the area I ended up.. was.. so wrong.

I could see a huge, red-glowing pentagram through the crimson red sky, casting a kind of spell I have no idea about. Between the pentagram, I could see someone.

It was the cloaked figure. Again.

I clenched my hands into a fist, and gulped. Keeping up all strength, I was ready to face the enemy in front of me. I knew it saw me already.

"I'm here. Now, there's no way you're going to hide everything from me."

The cloaked figure tilted it's head. "But when already everything was hidden from you, what's the use to tell it?"

"I want to know the one thing, you're always following me. You're trying to ruin my reality. Your powers are kind of similar with me but they never show a friendly aura. I never imagined of such power and all."

"Because it's your power. You deserve this power. You just don't realise it at all. I've been trying to tell you this the whole time, Stark. Still, you can't get me through?"

"My power is MY power, it'll never be of yours or anybody! You're trying to tell me just nothing but bullshit!" I held my chest.

"Have you even thought of yourself, that who you actually are, Stark?"

I was quiet. I never thought of it, but all I know this power helped me create whatever I had lost. It was strong indeed, but whenever I lost control, it was unstoppable. Others even damn failed to seize my abilities.

W-what was it all? What my powers are? Why can't anyone, even myself can stop it?

"Also, the reason, you created this reality, all by yourself. How you did it? There must be a strong reason why. And you, the creator itself, doesn't know about it?"

I take a look at my powers. They held a lot of power, but.. I wasn't even sure about it how to use them. I damn never knew they could do a lot things like the reality I created.

I looked up at the cloaked figure, who then lands in front of me. It then walks towards me, while I could do nothing but just stare at it curiously.

"W-who are you?" I asked, while trembling and need of answers, it chuckled darkly and shakes it's head. "Now you left me no choice, Stark."

The figure then moved it's hands, and grabbed the cloak and then started removing it, almost revealing it's face. My nervousness kicked in a lot, but suddenly, it went entirely dead when the hood was removed, revealing it's face.

I back off in shock, and gape as my hands cover my mouth, with my eyes widened. I can't believe it..

The cloaked figure. Who was behind me all this time..

It was..

Me?