Control | Part 9

- EDITED CHAPTER on 10/8/2022 -

Note: Read "A Reality" and "The Forgotten Story" to understand the story

Summary: Part 9 of Control

Word Count: 2,021

____________

An hour past after spending some time with you and his friends, Tony arrives downstairs, to meet Strange in the library, reading a book. Though, many were stacked beside his desk, meaning he must have been researching something necessary. Him knocking on the door gently, signalling him for his arrival.

"Come in, Tony. Lock the door." Strange nods, and requests Tony to close the door before coming in. He does so and reaches towards the sorcerer, sitting on the chair. 

"So, what did you wanted to talk about? Did you find any cure for my magic?" Tony asked, looking at the books Strange was reading.

"Not a cure, but a possible prevention." Strange replied by flipping the pages, one by one.

"Probably what a doctor would always say to their patients, eh?" Tony chuckled, but Strange could sigh back.

"Look, Tony. You are the holder of chaos magic, an embodiment of a powerful sorcerer who could alter reality according to it's own will. Your powers are going in the wrong direction, ever since you've stepped into the chapter of the Darkhold."

"I was making sure to know about the positive aspects of the magic. What better it can be used for, and instead of hurting others, what if we could create something better from it?"

"I know, Stark. But, people are still afraid of your powers. Why do you think, that even if you mean no harm to them, they'll try to fall back. You assure them your powers are pure, but why still, the sense of fear remains within them?"

"I can't say it's the problem of the people. They need to bring that trust within them, if they really want a superhero to save their lives. Who said, that the Avengers were perfect? They were flawed, like me. Everyone now wanted the Avengers to change their perspectives since, they knew we were saving the world, leaving with a lot of damage, and not caring for that. But, we tried to fix it. Mend it. Show the world we can be better for them. And as an Avenger, it's my right to bring that trust within."

Strange agreed, and nodded. "You're right Tony. But, we're not talking about the present. I'm talking about the.. generations the Crimson Sorcerer had been going through, and how it's affecting the upcoming future." He opens a book and flips the pages to the only chapter which explains everything. The camera pans towards the book page, from the image of the Crimson Sorcerer, to a scene back in ancient civilisation.

"When the first occurance of the sorcerer appeared, there was chaos, and unstability. People were trying to save their lives from being engulfed by the disastrous chaos magic, even from the one who held it. The holder always ended up being corrupted, evil and discontent around everything. The magic's essence still exists within the universe, reason how, they still be afraid from that certain ability, cause it destroyed countless lives. You, are the first person who changed the fate of chaos magic, into a neutral stance. The magic you currently have right now, is less harmful, meaning from the color itself."

"Cause blue means.. peace and stability?"

"Of course. And because, you chose your own fate and not how it was supposed to go, it's coming back again. To keep the chaos in power, and this is why, I don't want you to take extreme steps."