No Reply (💔)

You and Tony were in a relationship for months, but still no one had ever said those three words.

Tony felt weird about the thing that you never told him that you loved him, so he decided to take the chance. He walked in the room and saw you working on some documents, as behind he wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed your neck.

"Hey, baby." He smiled, you look at him. "Hey, Tones."

He smirked, saying "I love you." He waited for your response, maybe now? Or after some seconds, or minutes?

"Yeah, you do." You didn't look back at him and kept working on your documents. He didn't looked surprised now. "Babe, I love you?" He said it, once again raising his eyebrow.

"I said, you do love me, yeah. Now if you mind, I'm quite busy." You requested him to stay away for a while cause you were invested in your work too much, his smile vanished and left the grip from your waist. You gave him no reply. He made a sad expression on his face and left away angrily.

After some moments, you were done with your work and you went upstairs to check on Tony. You saw him working on his suit, and you walk towards him. He noticed your presence but ignored you like he didn't even knew you.

"Hey, Tony!" You smiled, but he didn't respond, instead of mumbling the answer. You looked at him sideways that maybe something was wrong with him. "Tony, are you okay?"

He still didn't listen and went to the other direction. You followed him and he tried to turn away from you but you kept following him. He got irritated and turned to you roughly.

"What is the matter with you?" He spat.

"I-I'm asking why are you ignoring me?" You replied, he scoffed.

"You'll have to figure that out, Y/N. I'm not going to fix this with you." He went back to work on his suit, and you were still damn confused. He was maybe mad at you or something? Maybe you should try cheering him up then. You slowly walk towards him and wrapped your arms around his waist, resting your head on his shoulder.

"Baby, I was wondering if we can do something.." You asked.

"Like what?" He replied but ignored you still, as you leaned close to his ear. ".. something fun tonight?"

He looked at you, not surprised. "I'm busy Y/N. Please leave me alone." You didn't care and tried teasing him cause your teases were his weakness. "Come on baby, I know you'll love it."

His anger kept growing but tried to sustain it inside him. He was still mad about the fact of you ignoring his magical words and he wanted you to deserve it. "Y/N, look. I have no time for your little games so I tell you this one last time. Just go away."

You couldn't take it now, you pushed him behind as you left his grip. "I don't know what is actually wrong with you! You are trying to avoid me and not even telling the problem. I just don't understand this!"

"Yeah I know, you won't understand this. Cause you don't love me." He replied, challengingly.

You stopped for a bit. ".. what did you say..?"

"Yes, I said.. you. don't. love me. Period." He spoke out once again.

".. who the heck said that to you? I do love you, Tony!"

He laughed. "Oh really? Then what was the purpose of ignoring my magical words then?"

You raised a brow. "Magical.. words?"

He knew it. You totally forgot what he even said. He chuckled, as he looked at you, hopeless. "You really don't love me. It's proved. Who else would be there to forget what I even said while you were working on something very important than me. How the heck you would even love me when you were invested in your work rather than to say just a single I Love You statement? You don't matter saying that to me once right?"

"Tony, sorry but that doesn't mean I don't love you—"

"Just keep your mouth shut, Y/N. You know we've been dating for months and I do understand we need some time to say that we love each other, but it didn't seem you payed attention to me. Whenever I tried to give you an example you just gave up. You tried to avoid me every single day when I wanted to convince you that I love you but NO!" Tears started filling in his eyes, that just broke your heart slightly. "I LOVE YOU, Y/N! DO YOU HEAR ME? I LOVE YOU! You didn't hear me right? I can speak it again, I LOVE YOU!" Tony started crying and whimpered, leaving his lab in distraught. You stood there still, realizing your mistake. You could have been the worst girlfriend ever. Poor him had been trying to tell he loved you but ignored him, because your work became important than him. He too worked too much but gave some time with you. Your eyes also starting filling with tears and ran to catch him up. "Tony! Please listen!" You cried.

You rushed upstairs to see him crying in his room. He had locked the door shut, so you banged on the door.

"Tony? Tony, open up!" You called him out.

"Leave me alone Y/N. Your work is important for me right? Do it!" He replied, from inside.

"Tony, listen.. I-I'm sorry.. I didn't knew what to do.. I thought it was just a month we were dating and we cannot just say those words so fast. But, I do find you an amazing boyfriend, because you were always there for me! Though I said I Love You but you showed me that giving importance to your loved ones is way more better. I've now realized my mistake, now open up Tony! Please, I'm sorry..!" Your tears streamed down your cheeks, cause you were trying to convince him. He did listen to you but he didn't felt like opening up. You sighed, and thought of something else, maybe this is what he wished for and it'll work.

"I love you too, Tony." You smiled. His eyes lit up looking at the door, he got up and opened it slightly. ".. you sure?"

".. yeah, Mr. Stark. I do love you." You smiled, with your tears.

He tilted his head, maybe you thought he still wasn't sure about your reply, but he just smiled out of it and gave you a warm hug. You sighed in relief that everything was now okay. He pecked your cheek and looked at you, squinting his eyes.

"I kinda forgot.. what was the thing you said to me when you tried to tease me?"

"Oh.. I said.. something fun tonight.." You winked, he smirked back.

"Really? You want that?" He smiled.

"Yeah, if you wish to." You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed his nose.

"Then what are we waiting for?" He chuckled, as he brought you in his room, and shut it tight.

Tonight was the best night of yours and Tony so far, after the both convinced themselves that he truly love each other.

Word Count: 1216
Sorry for the late imagine! Exams had been a pain and all, but now I'm back on track!

Sorry for it being angsty, cause why I just love it ahhh :')

Duckling out yeee~ ❤️