Falling (💔)

Based on Trevor Daniel's Falling!

Warnings: Panic attack, PTSD, angst and fluff in end

Word Count: 796
---

Time Period: Iron Man 3

People say Tony Stark was a brave man. But, the reason was.. he actually was going through mental support.

Since the attack of Chitauri, he had been facing through a lot of psychological problems, like PTSD and anxiety attacks, about the invasion, about the incoming death he had imagined through when he threw away the rocket in space. He just couldn't sleep properly because of all this, and kept this hidden from you. You, who always wanted the best for Tony, and smiled because he was happy. You never knew this one unexpected night when this all started..

You both were deeply asleep on the bed, everything seeming normal. But, Tony's panic attack began when those memories flashed through his brain. He coughed and breathed heavily, that made you wake up from your slumber. You saw him stressed, while his body shivered and trembled. You tried to wake him up, wondering if he might be okay.

"Tony? Hey, are you okay?" You asked, worryingly. He didn't respond because he was trapped in that nightmare for a while. That made him clench his eyes in such fear, that he never realised he activated something threatning, which usually meant to save people. His Iron suit emerged from nowhere, breaking in the bedroom. You shrieked heavily that finally made him wake up in terror too. The suit walked forward towards you, trying to attack as he gripped your hands tight and pinned you on the headboard. Tony got up and brought his sensors that controls his suit, commanding it.

"Discombulate!" He screamed, and by that the suit disassembled into pieces. You jerked off and got up the bed, looking at him and the suit in horror.

Tony realised you were horrified for what happened, he feared that you will start to have trust issues over his creations and will never be able to tolerate that ever. He tried explaining, while you kept getting back.

"Y/N.. l-listen.. t-this is not how it looks like! Please!" Tony panted in between while he tried to calm you down. You looked at him with worried eyes, instead of being in horror. You walk towards him and grabbed your head.

"What was that?" You trembled, while you kept your hair clenched.

"I'm sorry, baby I.. j-just make me explain.. I extremely apologize.. I-" His words broke when you interrupted him instead.

"I don't care if that suit attacked me! It matters that if you're all okay!" You grabbed his shoulders, and made him look at you. Your eyes filled with tears and hugged him tightly. He was slowly feeling a sense of relaxation within his body, not just that but for his soul. The nightmare which was roaming around his memory vanished in the hug. It felt like the love no one gave to him, except you. You gave him all the freedom to do anything, and he did.

He cried the heaviest tears, like he was also scared and broken into pieces. You realised how much pain he had caged inside him and it too broke your heart so much. You never wanted him to be unhappy and that would have been a failure for you that you were unable to make him enlightened. He tried apologizing you, trying not to make you leave because he just needed someone by his side.

You wiped off his tears and kissed his lips gently, with love and affection. He also saw the tears in your eyes, that made him gasp. "If you would not tell me your problems.. how can I help you? Don't you trust me? Do I try to hurt you?" You cupped his cheeks gently, as he stared at you with his chocolate brown eyes.

".. I thought.. you will not understand me.." He whispered, and you sighed. "I love you, Tony. I would stay with you no matter what. I know the most important thing you want is the one you love's support and affection, and I would give it at any price. But please.. don't panic, when I'm here for you.."

Hearing all this, Tony felt so guilt for himself. He did a mistake to not tell you about his PTSD problems, because he realised you really cared for him. He smiled at you, chuckling.

"Thank you.. for being with me, even after what happened just now.. most of them would just.. run away and.." He shook his head, but you lifted it.

"But I won't. I won't let your nightmare engulf you." You embrace him gently, and laid back to bed. You rubbed his hair gently so he could drift back to sleep. He closed his eyes, finally resting peacefully.

"Sweet dreams, my love." You whispered in his ear, before you drifting back to sleep too.