Red In My Ledger | Part 4

Summary: Part 4 of Red In My Ledger

Warnings: Angst, and mentions of death, you've been warned!

Word Count: 1,178
___________

"Anton Starkov, the son of Howard Starkov and Maria Starkova, now living in the identity as Tony Stark." Fury reads the documents in his hand, while walking back and forth. "At the age of 10, you were sent and trained in the KGB, under the guidance of General Kulikov. Highly trained martial artist, a sharp shooter and sniper."

"What does this has to do with you about me?" His Russian accent blurts out.

"Because, that makes you likely special. You can join a team that I'm currently creating." Fury drops the documents on the table.

"So you expect me to join your group because I'm special?"

"You already are, Stark. Like, I'm amazed. The way you single-handedly infiltrated inside an organization-"

"I wasn't alone." Tony said, in a firm voice. Fury cleared his throat to avoid his mistake.

"I apologise. But, I see where your backgrounds lead to, that's why I am letting you if, you can join the group."

"What will I get if I do join it?" Tony raised an eyebrow.

"Proper teamwork, facilities, chance of having everything back for what you lost."

Tony chuckled, and shakes his head at Fury's statement. "Your saying, as if you are so sure I could get back what I already lost."

"I am sure. I can't guarantee, but you might find all your answers." Fury assures.

"This is nonsense." Tony gets up the couch and grabs a bottle of water for himself. "I'm not interested in joining a group which has nothing to do with me."

"It has to do with you because according to the data we have collected about you-"

"How did you even know I was living here?" Tony turns around and tilts his head, looking serious. "Somewhere around America?"

"Technology exists, Stark. We were been able to locate you, so that I can help you find what you lost."

"I haven't lost anything, you picked the wrong guy!" Tony cried. "Now if I request you, please leave. I don't want to join your super secret boy band."

Tony was about to leave, but stopped immediately at the moment Fury said;

"We know who murdered your father, Stark."

He turns around in surprise, mixed with shock and amusement. He slowly approaches near the Director, holding a glance. "What?"

"Yes, Stark. I'm saying the truth. This is why I'm here." Fury made a worried expression.

".. this is what you wanted to tell me this all time? Then why do I need a group?"

"Stark, it's cause you can't do it alone. A team is what you require because this task really can't be done solo. The danger ahead has a trap waiting and it can risk you a lot."

"A trap?" Tony raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, a trap that HYDRA'S planning." Fury replied.

"HYDRA?"

"It's a terrorist organisation. It had been spreading like wildfire and we need to extinguish it as soon as we can, because it still exists." Fury said worriedly.

"Who's the bigger threat then?" He narrows his eyebrows. Fury then takes out a photograph from his pocket and shows it to Tony. He takes a look at the one in the photo, and looks back at the one eyed man.