I Love You (💔)

Warnings: Angsty, but fluff in the end for you all broken hearts :')

Word Count: 1,430

-

Being an assistant of Tony Stark for years, since Pepper left being the CEO of Stark Industries, you wanted to confess that you love him because, you both acted kind and generous to each other. He always flirted with you but that didn't made you flinch or disgust at it. He took you to movie nights, long drives, shopping sites and some cute moments with together.

But, you never had a first kiss on the lips.

You were in love with him, you had to do something.

You made a little card about the confession since you were nervous to tell it in front of him. You wrote:

"Tony, it's been years since I've been working with you, but what if I wanted to tell a feeling that I have felt in these years? Well, I know this might sound awkward but I understand you might be feeling this too. Who really knew you were such a good, kind hearted and a goofy type person which really made my life better than ever. I feel more happier than I could have been. H-how to say this to you but.. I.. I just.. like you so much and this tingly feeling just says that I really.. love you. Yes, I love you Tony. I really, really love you.

Hope you understand.

Yours truly, Y/N ❤️"

You wrapped the letter in a very pretty manner that he would be surprised to look at it. You were so excited to confess your feelings to him by just secretly hiding that letter onto his lab desk while he pays attention to it soon. You hopped down the lab with utter happiness, but who knew that won't really last for long.

You just stepped in, as you gasped slightly, seeing Tony and Pepper together, who were kissing each other passionately. That did not just surprise you, but it did broke your heart. It felt like it was too late, the confession you needed to express to him won't be able to show itself again.

Tony was in love with someone else. And you? All alone and heartbroken.

It felt like he broke your trust.

You hid behind the lab wall, trying not to cry but the tears won't stop. They were streaming down heavily because of the huge pain that has scarred on your chest. On the amount of love you had for him. It felt like true betrayal. Without wasting any time, you threw away the scroll with had the confession, along with the rose which was wrapped onto the red ribbon.

You rushed upstairs to your room, where you just slipped accidently and your knee started to bleed. That cry filled through the room, breaking up the slight moment Tony was having with the strawberry blonde woman.

"What's wrong, Tony?" Pepper said.

"W-wait let me check." Tony pulled Pepper back from his thighs, looking around to see if there was anything, but the moment he looked down, there was a scroll of paper, with a rose. He took a glance and removed the ribbon and read whatever was in the paper. He finished reading and then dropped the scroll in shock. The rose in the hand was clutched in his fist.

Pepper didn't knew why Tony was just there still so she went forward to ask about Tony but, she saw the scroll too and read it. After that, she realised she might have done a huge mistake.

"Oh my god.. t-that means.. Y/N is in love with you? And what have we done?" Pepper read everything and got the matter. Tony shook his head in sadness and guilt.

"I-it's my fault.. I-I shouldn't have done that to her.." Tony's voice kept cracking. "I don't know but, she must be up her room, heartbroken because of me."

Pepper understood Tony's pain, as tears filled inside him. He realised for the first time that he broke your heart by cheating on her. She shakes her head and then laid her hand on Tony's shoulder.

"Don't worry Tony. It's alright. I won't bother. If she loves you then that's your duty to love her back too. We just.. got into a little moment but that won't really make us back together. We are on different paths, so you should go on your own. She deserves you Tony, and she needs you as you need her too. Go on, talk to her. Please. I have understood, whatever you have done for her, it states that you both were made for each other, not me and I don't feel bad about it! You have to go Tony, you have to comfort her." Pepper consoled Tony to have a talk with you who was emotionally broken inside, crying out heavy tears that your weeps and cries could be heard. You clenched her Iron Man plushie that Tony gave you, snuggling your head onto it and wept.

Tony went upstairs in her room, gently opening the door, and saw you. It literally broke his heart too when your beautiful face which was supposed to be happy was now ruined with your desperate tears. It made him cry again to do such a grave mistake. He went in the room and sat beside you. You didn't mind and ignored him, since you were mad and angry at his way that he betrayed you.

"Y-Y/N-" He wanted to talk but you stopped him.

"It's okay Tony. I know, you might have done everything for me just to make me happy, but we both have different lives. You made me happy because you sacrificed your own, you too need your own. I know you can't make me happy forever, you have a life too right," Tears dwelled inside you more, that just made him more worried and sad. ".. y-you can.. you.. s-stay with her.. I-I will w-work for you.. d-don't worry.. I still- l-love you n-no matter what *hic* happens- I know.. l-love is never easy for me-"

"Y/N, stop!" He cried at you, making your mouth stop but not the tears that still fell. You kept weeping and without any time wastage, he hugged you tightly with the love he had for you too. Your body felt his warm and tender embrace, that you didn't feel sad anymore. He touched you like he wanted to do this for a long time. You didn't hug him back, but it felt so good.

He pulled back and looked at your E/C eyes. "I'm very sorry Y/N. Please.. I didn't mean it.."

"Really? You didn't mean it? I know you're just trying to comfort me so you can go back and kiss her again-"

"Y/N that's not it! We.. we just got dragged a little since we met for a long time, I swear Y/N.. I didn't wanted to hurt you.. I'm sorry, I didn't tell you this sooner but.. I.." Tony stuttered while he wanted to tell the final statement to you.

You were waiting for his response, but he sighed and looked at you with his darkened eyes.

".. I need you, Y/N. I need you." He gently grabbed your hand and kissed it, then wrapped his arms around you, pulling you close to your lips, as he slowly pecked yours with love and affection. You fell into his kiss, closing your eyes and aroused the moment. He kissed your neck, and then your face, pulling you into a gentle warm hug again.

You just experienced your first kiss.

"I love you Y/N. So much.." Tony snuggled his face on your neck, kissing it again and again. "Please.. forgive me for what I have done." He whispered in your ear, that now you convinced yourself that he really loves you. He might have done a mistake, but he was just nervous to tell it out. You looked at him at his teary eyes, wiping them off while he looks at you.

You smiled. "It's okay Tony. I love you too."

Tony smiled back, as you both kissed again. You both were in true love.

As if you might not notice, Pepper watched you both together again, that just relieved her more than to be sad, cause she knew you both were meant to be with each, rather not to be separated from one other.

She smiled too, while looking at the cute moment you both were having.

"This is what true love is." She talks to herself. "A beautiful story."