Red In My Ledger | Part 9

Summary: Part 9 of Red In My Ledger

Warnings: Surprises, light angst and then fluff!

Word Count: 2,695
___________

Tony began to ran and charge onto the soldier but before he can attack, he dodged it and both came in a huge battle. The Avengers couldn't interfere because Tony forbade them to. This was his fight.

Somehow, their abilities were matched. They both were invulnerable in their own ways but know how to take down each other. And for some reason, Tony knew it better.

After a lengthy battle, Tony found an opportunity to break his eye shield. It fell over the ground, creating a little distraction for him. Before he can turn around, Tony pounced over the soldier and it struggled to let go off his grip. The soldier picked out a knife from his pocket and began to pierce it on his chest. Tony kept hold of the knife and prevented it from aiming to his heart, and tried to shift towards his direction. When it was the last straw, Tony did something that made him throw off the knife and by single force, he grabbed him by the face and toppled him down, throwing off his mask.

Tony got up and panted for breath, seeing the soldier was about to reveal his face. The moment he too steps up and turns around, it was likely more of a shock to Steve.

The face of the man consisted long hair and a slight stubble, though it was unaware for the others, the Captain was more horrified.

As Tony began to pull his pistol, only a single word erupts from Steve's mouth. "Bucky?"

Tony stops for a second and looks at Steve, widened eyed and surprised. How does he know him? The rest also help confused faces.

Bucky replied. "Who the hell is Bucky? I'm the Winter Soldier."

"Bucky, it's me! Steve, don't you remember?" Steve steps a bit forward and tried making Bucky remember who he is, but it seemed that the soldier wasn't able to recognise.

"How do you know him?" Tony turned around, with a serious look on his face.

"He's my friend. I thought he died when we were in a fight years ago.. he's alive." Steve replied, furrowing his eyebrows.

Tony kept listening to him, with the same seriousness and shock to know how does the Captain know about his murderer. The Russian casts down, and lets out a chuckle before looking back at him.

"You knew him.." Tony pursed his lips. "Then you must have known this from the start that your friend was on the rampage, isn't it?" He began to raise his voice.

"Tony, that's not true! You have to believe me, I didn't even had the idea that Bucky would do all this. I only remember him being dead years ago but.. HYDRA kept him alive. I-I can't believe this."

"Oh, so you think that he murdered my father by accident? Just because he's your friend or what?" Tony walks towards him, glaring in anger. "What about the other people out there? Were they also by accident? Innocent people who had families and different lives, was THAT an accident too?"

"Tony you are not-"

"That's it. He's dying RIGHT at this moment, so that others can be saved!" Tony charged his pistol but Steve knocked his hand off, dropping it far away. Tony then began to step forward and Steve grabbed him by the arms, not letting him go and attack Bucky. But, Tony cried out and kicked him through the front, pulling Steve down. The agent got up and then picked up his pistol, and aimed it at everyone.

"Nikto ne dvinetsya!" Tony shouted at the top of his lungs.

You stood forward. "Tony, calm down!"

"NOT a word, Y/N!" Tony pointed at you, making you flinch back.