The Monster Within | Part 4

Summary: Part 4 of The Monster Within

Warnings: Some horror, angst and then fluff

Word Count: 1,058
____________

You and Tony actually fell asleep on the couch, first him waking up and seeing it was now night and the movie ended a while back. Quietly tucking you in the blanket and placing your head on the couch pillow, he left the room, closing the door. You actually didn't notice him leaving, because the sleep was forcing you not to move.

Meanwhile, Tony is on a call with somebody.

"What? What do you mean you can't- argh, you know? You are risking me and Y/N's life, and if anything happened to her, you'll be the one to blame." Tony looked irritated, while the sounds of him arguing woke you up.

".. sigh.. she doesn't know about it. But it's for the best of her. She already faced a lot, and I want her to live in peace from these Nexerians. Though she's.. fond of knowing more about them.. yeah.."

Trying to overhear what Tony was talking on the phone, you step a bit closer from your hiding spot, because you were one curious little prick.

"I-I can't! What if she-" Tony turns around and stops talking when he saw you sneaking on him. He clears his throat and returns back to the phone. "I'll call you back later." He keeps the phone aside, and approaches near you with a smile.

"Miss Y/N, you're awake in the middle of the night? Is something wrong?" Tony asks, raising and eyebrow.

"Oh, well I was just wondering that, you looked stressed while talking, is everything okay?" You replied.

"Y-yeah, it's alright." Tony laughs nervously, and rubbed his hair. "This duty as a.. Nexerian hunter sure is so tough."

"I understand.. if I were you, I would have felt the same."

Tony's expression suddenly changed, when you said that. He furrowed his eyebrows, and shook his head. "I think it's better if.. you wouldn't have to go through the path I went, that caused me to become a hunter."

"I know, dark pasts? Every reason of a character development!" You say, excitedly.

"It's not just about character development. It's about how hard we can go further. This is life. Sometimes I feel I could give up, but because of a reason, I'm actually alive."

The air tensed, as you felt Tony being slightly depressed. You did bad about his sad past. Losing parents isn't something so light. The reasons which, also made you feel that you don't want to go home, instead, to stay with him. Take care of him. Making sure he's not alone.

Your hand involuntarily caressed his face, that made him look at you directly at your E/C eyes. "I might not know your past yet but, I would always be ready to help you, if you feel downed of your life being so cruel.." Your thumb traced his cheek, that was quite startling him of something.

"Why would people abandon you? Even if it happened naturally or purposefully, I swear, you don't deserve this, at all. It's not because.. you're a monster of something?"

Tony gasped and took off your hand, moving towards the corner of the wall, and coughed. You weren't able to recognise what gone wrong with him. He stayed there for a minute, and panted heavily.

"S-sorry, I just got.. urk.. I'm not feeling a bit well." He sniffed and coughed off the remaining.

"Oh, do you want to rest? Of course, you can!" You grab his hand, but he moves away again.

"No!" He cried, and you stopped midway. "I-I can handle this. It's just a slight convulsion.. nothing seri- cough!" He continues coughing and began to run to the bathroom. You grew more worried for Tony, never saw him so sick like that.

Tony rinses his face with water, and looks at himself through the mirror in front of him. There, he gets strange visions, of him getting sucked by tentacles, and getting totally engulfed in them. He shakes his head, and growls while clenching his eyes and fists. Wheezing and coughing at seeing his condition going worse, he wasn't able to understand what was happening to him. Staying a bit quiet in the wash basin, to calm the fit. He opens his eyes, looking all okay now, though his body still ached.

He was re-evaluating everything before stepping out of the washroom, gulping the liquid collected in his throat. Feeling fine, he comes out with a towel, rubbing it over his face. You were on the couch, waiting for him. Seeing him back, you quickly ran towards the male, but with.. distance.

"Are you okay?" You asked, with worry.

"I am fine now." He replies, groaning. "Sorry if I startled you right there."

"No, it's not that! I mean, I didn't knew you were sick too.."

"That's just a little convulsion, now I'm alright, see?"

"Yeah.. I don't know but, I'm worried for you too."

Tony tilts his head. "Really? Someone's catching feelings again."

"Hey? Didn't he catch that a moment ago when we were watching the movie?" You cross your arms.

"Ah, yeah. But the gunshot.."

"Argh, the damn gunshot! Such a blocker." You roll your eyes.

"You're actually interesting you know that?" He smirks, that you blushed, again.

"What?" You whispered.

"Yes, you are~" He winks, and leans down to your perspective. "And you're cute and, looking so hot in the shirt you're wearing."

"A-a-are you.. flirting w-with me?" You stuttered, making Tony lean in more close.

"Hmm hmm.." He hummed, and didn't lean to your lips but, kissed your cheek. You lost it now, entirely. Your cheeks flushed red, and became super flustered when he did that.

Hearing him chuckle, you didn't bother to look back. "And I wish if you could stay more long here, or maybe, forever?"

"Aaaaahhhh uhmmm.. s-sure?" You said, nervously because, you were still flustered for what happened. Not able to resist it anymore, you ran away to your room, and Tony laughed.

Seriously, he knows you had feelings for him, but for some reason, he just wants you to be safe.

While you were gone, Tony dialled onto his phone again. As the response came, he began talking. "We will begin the mission tomorrow night. That hidden Nexerian shouldn't be off the tracks of our boundaries."

____________