Red In My Ledger | Part 5

Summary: Part 5 of Red In My Ledger

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1,055
___________

Both leave for the SHIELD Headquarters in the car, as Tony leans his head on the window while his hand is resting upon it, in his fully agent attire. Fury takes a look at the Russian, and when Tony looks back at him, he turns away.

"I know you have something to say, Fury." Tony said.

"Well, I was just making sure you ain't uncomfortable while we travel the way to the headquarters." Fury replied, his eye still on the road.

"You think I will be? After explaining me that'll bring me to my father's murderer?"

"This is why we called you. You are well known of Howard. You literally almost put America in danger in your times, you know?" Fury said.

"Not until when I realised the intel was entirely fake and they did whatever they had to do." Tony clanked his pistol during the meantime.

"Losing your country and being mad about it is valid, Starkov. But remember, things change. We don't have the power to bring it back, cause it has to happen. It's natural." Fury continued. "And I'm so sure you'll be making great friends when we arrive."

"I am not in the mood to make friends. I'm only here to finish my task."

"What if you really don't wanna go after your mission's done?"

"We'll see."

Fury parks the car around the parking lot, and both come out and step in the huge building. Tony takes a look at the massive and advanced interior which made him remind of the times when he used to live in the KGB.

Fury takes a look at him. "Like it?"

"Not much exquisite. Could have been better." Tony replied.

"It just had been renovated." Fury stated.

"Still, could have been better." Tony steps in the elevator with Fury, and reaches for his office. The lift was very quiet, despite the fact, Tony's reasons of being stripped out of words is somehow deep to understand. They reach the main office, and Fury reaches for the seat. Tony also takes a chair, and sits beside him.

"So, what's the plan?" He asks.

"Stark, I want you to do the best that you can, so that we can form a strong alliance and battle enemies that no one can fend off with." Fury folds his fingers. "We'll have a proper team, not going to hide anything from you."

"Who am I going to have in the team?" Tony folds his arms and leans back.

"Well, you'll possibly have an archer, a scientist, two Russian agents like you who had been trained in the Red Room, while you're trained in the KGB. A God and—"

"Wait what?"

"A God. His name is Thor Odinson." Fury mentions.

Tony chuckled. "Seriously, Fury? You got to be kidding me."

"I ain't kidding. That guy can fight serious. He has a hammer which can generate enough electricity and strength which can electrocute and eliminate an entire army."

Tony widens his eyes and then sighs. "So, is that all?"

"No, we have a one last teammate, recovered from the Arctic Circle."

"Whom?" Tony raises an eyebrow.

Fury looks at Tony for a while, before answering his question. "Steve Rogers."

".. Steve.. Rogers? Why does this name sounds familiar?"

"The infamous Captain America. But after the end of Second World War, they drowned into the ice and only to be recovered after 70 years."

"So you mean a person survived itself for years while being trapped in the ice? That's interesting."

"That sure is interesting, this is why we too called you here."

Tony chuckles. "Well, Fury I accept the kind offer of me recruiting here for this unit. But, I would kindly like to say, that instead, I'm better fending off missions by myself and not going with a group."

"You're just not used to it, Starkov. I know you'll appreciate living there."

"With a bunch of people who I don't know who they really are?" Tony smirks and leans his back on the chair. "And speaking of the other Russians in your team, I'm not sure if they're happy working with you or not."

"They definately are. They've been here in SHIELD for a long time, and just like them you'll adapt."

"As I said, I don't want to join. I appreciate the offer, but I wish to be alone." Tony gets up his seat and prepares to leave but Fury stops him.

"Starkov, you have to listen to me!" Fury called him out, causing the strong Russian to stop in midway. "I have called you not for the sake of creating a team of heroes and save the world, it's because this matter is also connected with you. You can find the true murderer of your father if you agree to work with us. Trust me, Stark. I'm not bringing you in any sort of tricks."

Fury continues. "I understand. You can't trust me, because you think I could use you. But remember, Starkov. Not everyone you see, will break your trust or heart. There are many people out there who will no matter what stand for you."

Fury wasn't wrong either, but it was the hatred and revenge inside that caused him to stop trusting anyone in front of him. He somehow thinks of a belief that the one who murdered his father must be an American. Howard Starkov was one of the major elements in the WW2, and he was very important that the WW2 couldn't have won without him. When Cold War began, America found an advantage to assassinate Howard so that they can win.

And they did. Ten days later after his assassination, USSR was dissolved.

He did had a solid intel about an American being involved in his father's assassination.

He turns around and folds his arms. "Fine. I would join your initiative. Though I would not expect you to make me join useless missions."

Fury chuckles and pats his shoulder. "Let me show you to your new teammates."

Just then, three people enter the room, making Tony turn around and see the new agents. One was a man with a shield, two being female agents having red-haired and second with a (H/L) (H/C) colored hair.

"I introduce you to Steve Rogers, Natasha and Y/N Romanoff."

___________