Red In My Ledger | Part 7

Summary: Part 7 of Red In My Ledger

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1,771
___________

The time of the mission briefing.

Before that, Tony was also introduced to the other three remaining Avengers; Bruce Banner, Thor and Clint Barton. He was glad to meet the rest of the crew, since he was now getting comfortable while working with SHIELD. He thought that maybe they really wanted to help him out finding the reason of his father's death along with the other innocent people who were not mercifully killed.

Tony took a deep breath and exhaled when he looked at a photo of his parents and him. He was staring at the photograph, knowing he was going to fulfil his revenge on the person who finished his happy family. Until then, Y/N walked in the room.

Y/N's POV

"What's the matter?" I stood near the doorway, as Tony looks back at me and keeps the photo away.

"Nothing. Just prepping myself before we debrief." He stands up his chair and then packs up the stuff required. "Have you finished?"

"Yeah, I am waiting for Natasha to get ready before we leave." I clear my throat and watch him pack. While he was busy, I walk over the photo he kept while I entered; seeing a child with his parents. Maybe it was him along with Howard and Maria Starkov. I actually got the information about his parents a while back. One died from natural causes and second was assassinated by the person whom we're now hunting.

"Do you have any plans further when the mission is done?" I asked, while keeping the photo aside.

"Plans? I'm more likely to continue with my life once this is all over.." Tony looks at me.

"There must be a purpose. How will you continue it, as if you're.. gonna stay here with us, with the Avengers once this problem's over?"

"Y/N. You're pretty sure why am I really here for." Tony looked at me, after packing his bag, and sat down the couch beside him. "I only want to find and defeat the one who murdered my father. This organisation promised that they're going to help me find the culprit out, so I got to believe them, no matter what." While he was seated, I also sat beside him, continuing to listen.

"Your father literally sent you to training when you were a kid, Tony. You really deserved him, but why would they do that?" I gave him a sad face, I do know it was hurtful to lose someone, but who said I didn't lose too?

"I sure was mad about my father. Why would he even do that? I wasn't even an adult that I could handle such training, but after that, I got used to it." He picked two glasses, keeping them on the table next to us and then started to pour whiskey in them. He handed me over the glass and I happily accepted it. He clanked the glass with mine before taking a sip.

"Used to as, I know he loved, and he must have sent me to the KGB for a reason. I did make amazing friends there, especially for the one who was there by my side. Made me feel like a family." Tony shook his head, while his finger traced the brim of his glass, and I took a sip as I felt things going sad now.

"But, when I realised that when we lost.. it was too late for me and everyone.. everything changed. We couldn't bring it back." Tony sniffed. "I felt like a failure. They tried to make me explain but, I didn't listen. I could have reacted the other way, knowing maybe this plan would backfire if we would had been thinking practically."

I saw the pain in his eyes. That mission was not just a mission, it was the sake of saving our country. The Soviet Union, and he felt like a failure. But I knew, it wasn't his fault.