I'm Sorry (💔)

Summary: You being Tony's girlfriend, you never tried to understand his efforts for your happiness. How would you get to know that you were mistaken?

Warnings: This is whole angst, maybe a tear-jerker

-

"Fuck off, Stark. That doesn't belong to you."

"Why the hell you annoy me?"

"I've been so tired living with you here, but I know I can't go away cause I'll have to look for you."

"Aww, you look so pathetic as a crybaby."

"Don't call that your heart because it's nothing."

You were filled with a rude and bratty personality, which was the reason Tony felt so upset about. You both found each other at a club which lead to a reason you both got along and after that night things were changed. You abused, scolded and even mentally harrassed him. Despite not knowing Tony's weakness, you never understood his real meaning that he loves you.

He had been so gentle, caring and generous. He used to embrace or hug you but you pushed him off. He tried to kiss you but you avoided it. Whenever he was tired and asked you if you could do the work, you would never say yes.

Cause you always thought him a a selfish, foolish person. Who just fights for fame and money.

Though you weren't there for him, which just deteriorated his mental conditions. He started to get anxiety attacks, and depression. He drinks a lot and spent his time into work only. Cause he already knows you weren't there for him.

But there was one who was there for him. Pepper Potts. His assistant. She was always there for Tony and that always comforted his rough days. Pepper never wanted Tony to be so upset about you harassing him, so she came up with the question.

"Tony? Don't you think you should just break up with her?" Pepper said, worryingly.

".. why you say that?" He said in his little drunk voice.

"She's not your type. I mean, she had been bullying and harassing you for so long and you're tolerating it. You should really get rid of her."

Tony was surprised by her words, but she wasn't wrong either. She was only thinking about his condition and didn't wanted him to risk out his health.

"But, Pep. I can't do this." Tony shook his head. "If I'll do this it'll break her heart."

"What? T-that's crazy, Tony. She doesn't care about you then why you feel her heart will break?" Pepper protested.

"Because I love her Pepper. Though she is rude to me but all I need is to bring the softer side of her.. but.. I don't think, she would listen to me." He said, forlornly. "It's been a year since we know each other, and with that I've been just listening to her harsh words. The moment I give her love, she doesn't accept it. It's like I'm giving it on purpose." Tony's eyes threatened to fall down tears in his eyes, which hurted Pepper too.

"Why..? Is it like, that I'm not special to her? Or she is just mistaken?" Tony started tearing out, as he bawled his eyes and sobbed.

"No, Tony. That's not your fault.. I think, she is just mistaken. She doesn't know your true identity. I know who you are. You are a great person who has a heart for others."

Tony smiled as she looked at Pepper. "Thank you.. Miss Potts."

Pepper smiled back, but then she came up to the thought that maybe she should do something to make you convince that Tony loved you no matter what.