Photograph (💔)

Warnings: Post-Endgame timeline, pure angst, so no fluff sorry!

Word Count: 712

Short story, but maybe enough to break you in tears :')

-

Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing
That I know

You were with your daughter, Morgan, reciting a bedtime story before putting her to bed.

"Mommy, why did the Knight die knowing that he had a family with him?" Morgan said with her curious eyes.

"Because he did knew he had a family, but he had to protect them, so it was sacrifice as his only choice." You replied.

"But still, why? Wouldn't his wife and daughter feel sad about it?"

You were quiet, there was nothing left inside your mind to say anything to her right now. She had many questions to ask after the story ended but you just persuaded her to sleep and she did.

"Goodnight, honey." You kissed her forehead before she put herself to sleep, and you slowly went out and closed the door.

When it gets hard, you know
It can get hard sometimes
It's the only thing that
Makes us feel alive

You went upstairs to your bedroom, as the memories flashes through your vision. You saw Tony and you, playing pillow fight and having sweet moments by cuddling and kissing and with pure fluffy love, that totally explained your relationship that you both were meant together. You smiled, but that didn't last for long, it seems.

You explored a little more by looking at your photographs, by all the journeys you went with him, along with the day when you had Morgan, he was so happy that he took the photo crying, but it was just, wholesome.

Those talks, laughs, giggles and the chuckles.

They all were dead for somehow. You just couldn't hear them anymore, except you could just imagine them.

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories
For ourselves
Where our eyes never closing
Our hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen, still

You left your bedroom cause that's what haunted you the most, it did broke your heart but not more than that when you stepped inside his laboratory.

The machines working were dead. JARVIS doesn't seem to be functioning cause of his elimination. You could only see the darkness, and the webs along with dirt, thinking it might have been abandoned for too long.

Cause no one's there.

Neither it would be.

Ultimately, your memories flashed again, seeing Tony working in the lab, sometimes dropping his tools by accident, encountered a short circuit that he fixed within seconds, or just slept there lazily. You chuckled but then they soon vanished.

Your eyebrows furrowed in desperation, cause you know whatever happened never should have been. You walk forward, trying to remember those things again that Tony worked on. Your eyes went through his suit, which was still left there for working, but now it didn't seem that it won't be fixed again. It laid dead for so long.

Then after, while you move more forward, you saw his Iron Man helmet again, which was played on his funeral before he was going to the mission, not knowing or trying to assume what was really going to happen.

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your
Ripped jeans
Holding me close until
Our eyes meet

You felt someone's presence, as you turned around you just can't believe it. The helmet automatically activated a visual, of a blue, flickering Tony, who looked at you and smiled, giving you a hearty smile.

Your happiness rose to the highest when you saw him in that, you tried to go closer but it soon vanished when you grew close to it. Your joy became into a huge hole of sadness, where your expectations failed, feeling that Tony was really here.

You won't be ever alone,
Wait for me to come home

Your eyes filled with the heaviest tears it can ever give with, losing yourself as you go through an emotional breakdown. You wept in true pain and loss, as you still kept the helmet grabbed in your hands, laying your head on it, thinking it was Tony who had laid his head on you too.

Those last words filled inside your head.

"I love you 3000."

But you couldn't feel his presence.

Why?

Because Tony was gone.

And he was never coming back.

-

I'M SO SORRY BUT I ALMOST CRIED WRITING THIS ALL 😭💔