Entry #107

A Mother's Sacrifice

by Kiieerran

When I was 15, my parents sent me abroad to live with my sister while she is studying to achive her dreams.

They believe that she is their hope for everything.

When I was 16, I came home with my sister to my parent's house bringing a child with us.

I thought that they would gladly accept the child but i was wrong.

"Who's child is that?" Mom asked while I am holding the baby in my arms. I just shut and didn't speak up.

"I-it's her child." Ate answered and still nothing came out of my mouth. I didn't dare to argue with her. We are all filled with silence when I felt a stinging pain in my cheeks.

Mom slap me 2 times but i didn't move an inch.

"Get out of my house and never comeback." The last thing i've heard from my parents before they kick me out of the house.

I didn't even cry, I just thought that they will ask me what happened. I thought they would ask but they didn't. I need to stay strong. I tried my very best to find a job for my studies and to feed the baby but it's sure hard since I am still under-age. I was having a hard time until this person came to me and help me.

We both are at the same age. He is Liam, at first he doesn't look like the one who'm i can trust the most but he proved himself to me that his intentions are pure and he is willing to help me.

He gave me food and let me stay at his condo unit for how many days. he didn't ask anything in return and he really just wanted to help. He is a good man, i told him everything what happened in abroad and how my parents kick me out of the house without hearing anything from me. They just believe my sister but i also choose not to speak up for everyone's good.

Speaking up is useless since who am i in that family? The most useless, unwanted, and the unworthy daughter of them.

Liam's family is rich and they live abroad. Siya lang yung naiwan dito sa pilipinas to study and he choose to live like this. He wanted to be independent in life and gladly his parents support him in everything he wanted.

I insist that we and the baby should leave because i don't want to be an abussive person. He is being kind and i shouldn't just take advantage of it but he insist that he will help me with everything.

Nakakahiya man pero hindi na ako tumangi. I admit that i needed help. How can i feed the baby and support my studies at the same time without any help?

I promise him that i'll find a job so i could help with the expenses. We both agreed with it and i also enrolled in the same university as him.

He introduced me to his family members and we told them what happened. I thought that they are going to judge me just like my parents did to me but they don't, instead they show me how much support and willing them to help us specially his mom.

"Isabelle, all I am asking you in return is to take care of my son." That's what Tita Lianna said to me that i keep in mind since that day.

At morning Liam go to school and i took care of the baby and vice versa at night. I choose night classes so Liam and I could atleast shift for taking care of my daughter.

I admit that everything is hard but I just keep on going, nabawasan na din ang mga iisipin ko since Liam's family are supporting my studies. I am so thankful for them helping me.

We've been like that for years, the baby is growing and i'm happy. My daughters first word is 'dwady' while playing with Liam.

He is so happy that my daughter thought that she is her father even though they aren't really blood related.