Entry #136

"Best Wishes"

by SerialHurricane

You were meters away in front of me, flashing that big sweetest smile of yours and your eyes sparkles with adoration as we walk slowly on our way to you. A tear slowly escaped on my eyes.

Yet there was this time, a few mistakes ago...

I remember, it was on our youth when I first saw you.

That very moment we laughed at your lame joke over the comics we've been reading, I know there's something between us. And there's this young me befriending anyone I like, I made you as my best friend for which you gladly accepted it. You know how picky I am when I chose someone I could be close with. Sa'yo, may rason kung bakit kita kinaibigan. Maybe, it's because of your sweet smile or there's something more. At the time, I met you with my twin sister.

It's funny how she knew you during her grade school days but you didn't seem to notice her the way she does for you. I was surprised when we're just on the same year but different sections yet I didn't come to notice you, not until we talked back then.

Noong mas naging close na tayo sa isa't isa, you already know how serious I am during school days, that's why I didn't get to notice you sooner and I miss how I'm only me whenever I'm alone with you. Just admit that I got some humor because you always laughed at me as I am always the butt of your joke and that gradually pisses me off.

She was just in her grade 6 before and we were in our sophomore years in highschool. I am very much aware of her feelings towards you as you were her longtime crush and how you've always been the star of her flabbergasting stories. Eventually, as we grew funder each days and the way she was so starstruck at you as she kept on telling me stories about you, palagi ng merong nag-iigting na kirot sa loob looban ko na hindi ko malaman laman. I knew there was something off.

Whenever I see your lovely smile and your cute flaws, lagi akong nahahawaan sa mga ngiti mo, na hindi ko na namamalayan na napapangiti na rin ako which isn't the normal me towards the other people. I thought it was just a simple admiration as a friend but I was wrong.

We were in the middle of the center aisle as tears were flooding on my eyes subsequently as I saw your soft gaze still fixated on us. You got teary eyed.

Bes, I still remember over how we argue about what we should call each other. Ang gusto mo ay "bro" while sa'kin is "bes" dahil mas mukha akong lalaki kesa sa babae. Inaasar mo pa nga ako noon at ako naman itong si asar, pinatulan ka na bes ang tawag ko sa'yo dahil mukha kang bakla compared sa totoong lalaki. Ang babaw di ba? Pft. But you know how makes that special to me? It's that very moment you stared at me softly and said intently, "kahit matapang na tao ka, hindi mo pa rin kaya ang mag-isa kaya nandidito lang ako lagi sa tabi mo bro, proprotektahan kita..." habang hinahawi ang buhok ko at inakbayan ako sabay bawi na, "pero mukha ka pa ring lalaki." Kupal talaga.

There, you used to flash that sweetest smile on me but ngayon may nagmamay-ari na. Kasi hindi naman yan akin sa umpisa, sino ba naman ako para angkinin yan d' ba?

Syempre ako lang yung bestfriend mo, that's just purely it.

You know the reason why I chose to become your bestfriend?

To be closer to you and so you'll eventually grew feelings on me like what I have to you? That wasn't the case. That was just overly cliché, kagaya ng mga nakikita mo sa mga telenobela na diring-diri ka. Tsk.

Bes, noong una pa lang, alam ko mayroon ka ring tinatagong nararamdaman para sa'kin yet I always good at pissing you off in the very end so that you'll divert your attention from me towards her and that mas makikita mo yung kapatid ko kesa sa akin.