Entry #168

RIDES OF LIFE

by _solightt

Isang malakas na hangin ang sumalubong sa akin, pagkababa na pagkababa ko sa sasakyan. It feels good, I feel the peace, and everything feels nostalgic. The stars filled the dark sky, and everything above reflects the scene below. The city lights, that used to be my calming pill, the little lights from fastfood chains, I can even see hundreds of cars passing in the endless road from my sight.

The same day from last year, I was here too, but unlike before instead of contentment and happiness, I felt the opposite. I felt incomplete, a big part of me is missing. My whole body was painted with blue, and my sight was covered with red... Blurry red.

The breeze of the midnight air feels familiar. The coldness was hugging me from the back. My hair's freely moving along with the wind, distracting me from the scenery in front of me... And probably, from the memories that about to escape from the darkest part of my brain.

From the person that I love the most, and made me feel miserable and lived like a zombie. Which is probably much better than what I am right now, considering what I've been through to be here at this moment.

Because of the same guy I met, from the same day, 9 years before. I was able to feel all the emotions, a human can feel. And was able to bear numbers of emotion, a fool can bear.

"I'm Greg, 2 houses away from yours." That how we met. The typical varsity player from High School, who always has a ball on his left hand and wearing a black headband to keep his not-so-long hair away from his face.

How could I forget the boy that proudly wore a red jersey short and plain black muscle tee, giving the fact that I looked heavier than he is. And I almost not passed the normal.

"Siguro, you borrowed that short from that boy." I said, pointing the boy around 5 years old passing by with his nanny. And laughed, when he glared at me after having a glance to what I was referring to.

We became close friends, until we graduated from High School. We planned, enrolled and got accepted together. We were together on our first day and last day of the first school year. And we were on our second year of being college students when he proudly declared that he would start courting me.

Sino ba naman ako para tumanggi? 2 years of being with him, it was just too hard not to fall in love. He courted me for 5 months, and got officially in a relationship right after he became the MVP of the Basketball season.

Double celebration, it was.

Being in a relationship with him, feels like riding a plane. It felt light, it was smooth and most importantly, the happiness I felt seems like the route we're taking, endless.

But in a trip, it's very impossible not to take a break. We broke up after fighting about the girl he was with. I was jealous and everything seems off between them, with the fact that he keeps on defending the girl's side and non-stop talking about her even if I was the on he's with.

So, we decided to have a break. Trying to recharge everything that seemed losing. After 2 months, we just found ourselves hanging out again.

"Marupok? Hindi ba p'wedeng mahal lang talaga namin ang isa't isa? " That was my reason everytime my friends would remind me my 'depressed and miserable self' after the break up.

"I was offered to be a model." I laughed right after hearing those. Knowing how he used to mess around with his pranks and jokes, I'd like to applaud myself for not taking the bait for the first time.