Entry #208

CONSTANTLY DREAMING
BY FANCYKHIMMY

"There is a low chance for you to walk again."

That was what the doctor said to me the moment I regain my strength. That line that lingers on my mind for days now. However I want it to disappear, it always find ways to come back and hurt me.

I look around the garden. The birds are chirping as if they're singing and calling each other. It is wonderful and esquisite. Sitting in a wheel chair, beside is a mat laying in the grass, feeling the fresh air of Ronda, I sighed.

It has been five days since the day I woke up from the horrible accident. I broke my legs. And I can no longer walk. My feet will not be able to touch the cold floor anymore.

I close my eyes as I remember the time when I first found my love.

"Dianna!" I run faster to not get caught with my Nanny.

Our ancestral mansion is inspired by those with greeks. It was built by my ancestors with the use of stones and blocks. This is very important to us that we always find time to visit every month of the year.

"Come back here, you silly girl!" I laughed when Nanny can no longer follow me. I am now in our garden.

They call this place our golden farm tree, but to me this is a garden. This place takes away my breath the moment I saw this. It feels like I'm in paradise.

I tapped the tree, before sitting down to one of its roots. I lean on it, closing my eyes as I let my mind wonder together with the air.

After five minutes, I open my eyes and stood up. I need to let my heart speaks. I should open it for me to be able to perform well.

As part of the ballet dance team, I find it hard to dance in the different genre of music. In our school, there will be a competetion. One of the judges is from a famous and most sought entertainment in the country.

I still remember the time when I first heard it im the hallway of our school. They are looking for trainees in their company. Those who exceeds in hip-hop. The training lesson is free and we have our own dorm just beside the company.

I just have to open my heart for this, right?

This genre is very different to what I practiced in my sixteenth years of dancing!

I got the phone and the ear pods from my pocket. Nilagay ko ang ear pods sa tenga habang ang kamay ko'y naghahanap ng mga kanta na na-download ko kaninang madaking araw.

I woke up extra early for this one. I better hurry and make this time worth it.

I nod my head several times when I heard the music. Closing my eyes, letting my hand and feet do what the music made them do. Never minding what the genre it may be. I just let my self be swayed by the melody.

Itinaas ko ang aking kaliwang paa kasabay ng pagtaas ng aking dalawang kamay. My other feet tiptoed. Helding my head high, imagining as if someone's pulling my hair.

This is the formation of my ballet. But I'm using this as my steps in hiphop. Because the moment I heard the beat, I realized that dancing doesn't stop from one genre. As a dancer, versatility should be in your body.

Nahinto ako sa pagsasayaw nang naramdaman kong may bumato sa akin. Nilingon ko ang pinanggalingan nito.

Nagsalubong ang kilay ko nang makita si Kuya. With his black fitted shirt and jeans, leaning his right shoulder in the mini gate of the garden, is my Kuya Arthuro. He is my one and only sibling.

Kinuha ko ang ear pods ko saka pinatay rin ang musika.

"Ano ba, Kuya!" galit kong sabi dito.

"Kanina pa kita tinatawag." Paunang sabi nito. Saka siya naglakad sa puwesto ko. "Ganiyan mo ba talaga kagusto mapasali sa kompetisyon na iyon na kaya mong hindi ako pansinin?" Nanguso pa nitong dagdag na saad.

I smiled widely. "Welcome back, Kuya!" I exclaimed. Tumakbo ako papunta sa kaniya saka siya sinalubong ng isang yakap sa baywang. Because he is lean and tall, I can't reach his nape.

Tumawa siya nang nakitang inaabot ko pa ang kaniyang leeg. Itinaas niya ako at ipinaikot-ikot.

"Kuya!" I shouted. Ang mga huni ng ibon ay tila nagsiliparan dahil sa aking sigaw.

Binaba rin naman ako ni Kuya pagkatapos.

"Mama's been looking for you. Tinaguan mo na naman si Inang Sitang." He said.

We're now walking on our way to the mansion. He is on my side, holding my shoulder in a boyish way. This is how he normally act when he's with his boy friends. Kuya Arthuro just landed now from Australia. Dahil sa kaniyang trabaho, siya ang huling nakabalik dito.

This month is the annual party in our mansion. I'll be performing my award winning dance steps, they said. However, that dance step for me is very generic. Kaya hindi ako masiyadong satisfied doon.

"You look good as always," said by the make up artist.

"Hindi naman po always." sabi ko sabay hagikhik.

Tonight is the annual party. I've been constantly practicing for this. Isinali ko rin dito ang bagong steps ko na naisip isang araw sa garden noong nagpaplano tungkol sa kompetisyon.

"Hmm? Always kaya Dianna!" The designer in the back exclaimed.

Umiling ako sa kanila. I am beautiful. I know that since I was a kid. Because my family has shaped me to always appreciate my existence.

"Pangit po kaya ako kapag tumatae," sabi ko sa kanila habang nakanguso dahil nilalagyan na ako ng lipstick sa parteng iyon.

Tumawa sila sa sinabi. It was not long enough when the event organizer reminded us on how many minutes we have left. Binilisan na nila ang kanilang ginagawa. Sinuot ko na rin ang isang baby pink kong ballet costume. My hair is in a bun, surrounded with glittery butterfly hair clips. I look so innocent with this make up.

"To give us the warmest opening performance of this year's annual party, let us all welcome the ever bubbly Dianna Gordon of Gordon Family!"

I breathed in and out before making a step on the way to the stage. I am very pro with this but somehow this night, I feel extra nervous.

I did the first pose and walked on the center. I looked at the audience. These are the people who welcomed me whole-heartedly. Who never think twice of saving me when I was left in a forest. And with the thought of not letting them see failure, I let myself be eaten with the soul of music.

Confidently dancing my masterpiece steps, I smiled and look at the people.

Mama, Papa, Abuela and Gordon... I may not have your blood but I am so thankful of giving me the opportunity to enjoy life and live with purpose.

My thoughts and dance was interrupted when the lightning from above the stage broke. And then I heard a loud bang. I was blown away, but I seem to not be able to move my feet. I looked below. Nakita ko ang aking kaliwang paa, nabagsakan ng malaking chandelier.

I hear voices, loud and screaming. Some are asking for help but no one, none of them even moved. So as reflexes, I moved my body and helped myself. After all, no one else will save me but me.

Nailabas ko ang aking paa. Tatayo na sana ako nang biglang bumagsak ang stage. Ang stage kung nasaan ako.

I closed my eyes and beathed in and out. Those are the last thing I remembered. They said, the organizer were our rival. And that my family can't moved because there were sinppers around them. Naisalba lamang ako nang may isang kasambahay ang tumawag ng pulis at ambulansya.

"Hon..." ani Mama. Nandito siya ngayon sa harapan ko. Nakatayo at nanlulumo. Dinadamayan ako sa sakit na nararamdaman.

All my life I've been dancing. I have so many things prepared for my passion. And just a one event that happened. My whole life messed up. And my plan? It will never be the same again.

My tears falls on my cheeks. I cried hard and I felt my Mama's hug.

She hushed, "Dianna. Always remember that you're not alone." she said.

"M-ma, paano na ako nito s-sasayaw?" Nauutal kong tanong kay Mama. My hands are trembling from fear and anxiety.

"Shhh. Always be grateful of your life, Dianna." Mama said. "What you experience is hard but know that being alive despite that is a one thing."

It's been five days. And this is the day that I'll finally put an end to it. Susunugin ko ang damit na sinuot ko sa araw na iyon. Gusot na ito pero mas gusto ko pa rin itong sunugin.

With the lighter on my hand, I clicked it and lighted it. Nilapit ko ito sa papel saka inilagay sa isang bilog na basurahan.

My heart may be bleeding now but I will live. This is not the end of my dancing career. I only put an end of my memories of the event. Because I need to move on. I need to accept that I can no longer dance.

Ipapaubaya ko na ang isiping sasayaw ako. And will start with a thought that "I'll start tutoring. Teaching them how to dance, confidently."

Life does not stop with one circumstance. It will always go on and on. And you have no choice but to go with it.