Entry #117

A SUNSET WITH YOU

by SimplyZephy

"TOKHANG 'TO."

I calmly yet seriously say while looking at the window of his room.

"Lumabas ka't huwag ng manlaban kung gusto mo pang mabuhay."

I utter over the phone, threatening him to come out. I hear his every breath that makes me grin inside knowing that his breaths signal the formation of his signature ear-to-ear smile.

I'm about to hit the doorbell when the gate opens.

He's like an angel as his fair skin complexion is struck by the daylight, his hair's all messy that's already covering about half of his dark brown pair of eyes.

His enigmatic stare is trapping me and it's not letting me go, preventing me from dodging. My heart starts beating so fast, racing against each other, my legs are about to give in to his jaw-dropping serious yet flirty stare while my sweats are escaping from every corner of my body.

His Adam's apple moves as he gulps that finally makes my face burn into red.

Gulp.

"What brought you here?" I hear him ask as soon as my senses come back.

His voice is like a sound of music to my ears, pleasing and heartbeat-skipping.

I look around, trying to search for a possible valid reason.

"To v-visit you.. perhaps?" I ask, stuttering, making his thick brows to form a single line.

"Tara, I'll introduce you to mom!" His face brightens as if it's the brightest idea he has in mind.

I just stare at him as he grabs my wrist and pulls me towards their house.

I can't stop myself from hurting inside. My every step is getting heavier and my breath harder.

I watch his image right in front of me. His leg-melting gaze, his touch that's giving me goosebumps, his bewitching smiles, and every word he utters.. I love it all. No, I love him, always.

As soon as we are about to reach their living room, I make a friction on my shoes and try to pull my arm back which makes him look back at me, confused.

"Why?" He asks, forehead creased.

I sigh first before finally remembering what my real purpose is. I'm feeling so suffocated.

"Pwede ba tayong tumambay ngayon sa bay walk?" I ask while looking directly to his eyes.

"Sa gitna ng tirik na tirik na araw? Seryoso ka Janna?" I smile bitterly, trying to compose myself for an answer.

"Dead serious. Pero syempre lilibutin muna natin ang mga ihawan malapit dun. Mag-e-enjoy tayo sa sobrang dami nating kakainin na kikiam, fish balls at sakto, may kwek-kwek dun, 'di ba paborito mo 'yun? Just like we always do. Dating gawi!" My heart jumps in so much gladness and the whole zoo inside my stomach becomes wild as I reminisce our happy memories together.

But the next words that come out from his mouth almost kill me.

"But.. we n-never did any of that... hindi pa ni isang beses."

My mouth opens but no word comes out as I can't find the exact word to say.

"Y-yeah.. h-hindi pa nga pala natin.. nagagawa 'yun.." I say, dumfounded, my voice close to cracking while my heart is in lethal pain.

I almost forget we're just best friends here and we're not even having mutual feelings for each other.

Those facts slap me so hard.