Entry #114

Why Do Flower Wither So Fast?

by Heredera

"If I die, I want to have a flower crown in me or else I won't lie down!" a high pitch scream from a little girl who's playing to her childhood friend.

"Fine, do you want a beautiful white dress too?" ask the young boy, casually.

They converse as if they are just talking about a light topic. A heavy topic which is casually spoken.

"Yes please!" and a giggle escapes her sweet little lips.

...

"Damn that fucking dream again,"

A sigh was out of his mouth. Zy takes a sip in the water bottle placed in the table near his bed.

It is 1:26 in the morning and he had awoken from his slumber. He stands up and walks into the bathroom to rinse his face.

He noticed the dark circle forming as a result of his late sleep. He is working on a novel, a novel where his terror kept. He combed his hair using his fingers and walked toward the bathroom.

He quickly rinsed and then went to the kitchen to boil water. He wanted a strong coffee to help him sleep. He cannot sleep unless he drinks coffee.

He badly needs to sleep to escape this reality.

The nightmare he dreamt of was his childhood friend. She was his only friend on that island.

He keeps having the same nightmare for the past 24 years that made him sleep deprived. He glanced at the mirror and saw how horrible his face was. His facial hair grew long, dark spots under his eyes. In the mirror, the flower caught his attention.

A withered flower.

He still has the flower that day.

That day he witnessed his friend's death.

...

"Aliah where are we going?" confused Zy ask. Aliah grabs his right hand and then runs.

"Secret! It is my paradise. Just follow me and don't trip!" Aliah, her pale skin and long hair touches the frail body of Zy. The sun shines brightly, just like Aliah's smiles.

They were in a private property of the Mendez family, Aliah's family. It was a secluded house in the middle of an island. Only Aliah and Zy, and the maids are in there.

The property was given to Aliah because of her rare condition. She was sickly and the ambience of the city is not good for her condition, so her parents decided that she will live in a peaceful ambience of an island.

Despite living alone, her parents didn't neglect her or anything. They provide her needs, wants, and love. Her parents are visiting her once a week so she won't feel alone. Beside her parents, the only child that she kept playing with is Zy.

Zy on the other hand is a son of one of the maids. And a friend to Aliah. Zy's mother brought him to the island to serve the Mendez family, at that time Aliah was one and eight months old when she saw baby Zy.

"Can the baby and I play?" she asked gibberish. Anita, Zy's mother was shocked because she found the daughter of Mendez family in her room, in the maids quarter! \

"Hey!"

"Wha—"

"Why are you spacing out? Are you hurt?" worried Aliah said.

"No, I was thinking about something. Don't disturb me." he says and continues to build a sand castle.

"Anyway, look at here Zy, I found this bamboo hut near the shore." she said amusingly.