Chapter 89 - Niall's Birthday

Harry’s POV

“What’re you gonna do for your birthday, mate?” I ask Niall. We had just finished rehearsals and we are now being lazy at Liam’s place.

He shrugs. “Probably just go to the club on Saturday. You guys up for that?”

All of us nod. “Yeah, it’s your birthday,” I chuckle. His birthday is on Friday and then we leave for our first show on the following Monday.

“Alright,” he laughs. “Just invite who you guys want. Lou, Harry, invite El and Lily.”

“Yeah, I’ll ask El. School just started for them so they probably won’t be too busy,” Louis says.

I nod. “Yeah, same with Lily but I’ll talk to her.”

I take out my phone just as I receive a text.

*Just finished class. Call me when you’re free*

I stand up and excuse myself before I head out to the back patio. I sit on one of the chairs and call Lily.

Hey, you,” Lily says.

“Hey, how are you? How was your first day?”

It was good. I met some new people and my professors seem nice.”

“That’s good.”

Yeah, I invited one of them over since we have an assignment. We have to use the next month to get to know each other and write a paper on them. It’s supposed to help us practice writing about something unfamiliar to us.”

“That sounds interesting. I hope you have a good partner.”

I do and…he seems nice.”

My heart stops in my chest and I feel my eye twitch. I know I shouldn’t let it bother me but it comes natural when it comes to guys towards their girlfriends, right?

I clear my throat. “Yeah? What…what’s he like?”

Well, he’s very sweet and funny. And he has the nicest eyes. They’re like a nice hazel-green colour and I’m so jealous.”

What the hell?

I thought she liked my eye colour. I thought I had the nicest eye colour.

“And you’re going to be spending the next month with him? And he’s there right now?”

Yeah, we’re planning to see each other every day. And yeah, he’s in my room right now, we’re just lying down in bed.”

I can feel myself shaking and I start to see red. I’m speechless. I actually don’t know what to say.

Suddenly, she laughs. “And before you freak out, I’m just kidding. My partner is a girl. Her name is Mattison.

And just like that, my whole body relaxes but then it tenses up again.

“Don’t ever do that again. I about had a heart attack.”

Lily just laughs again.

“I’m serious, Lily Benson. I was ready to go over there and kick that guy’s arse out the door.”

My attempt at pretending to be mad at her seems to fail as she still just laughs through the phone. Her and I both know that I could never actually be mad at her, at least about this. She was just teasing me like she loves to do every day. I should get used to it. I still haven’t but I’m not complaining. It’s one of the things I love about her. She doesn't take everything too seriously.