Chapter 32 - Pictures

Lily's POV

The train gets closer and closer to the station as I finally arrive back in London. I had left the morning after the funeral so that I would be able to have time to pack for New York, which is in two days.

Two days until I get to see Harry again.

I haven't spoken to him since our phone call before I had left for funeral. He was busy the rest of the day with interviews and by the time they finished, it was already late. He texted me saying that he was going to call me later today.

The train finally stops at the platform and I get off with my suitcase in hand. I search for Ed amongst the crowd of people and I see him leaning against a wall with his phone in his hand. I walk up to him and smack his arm.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"You didn't even try to look for me. I could've been looking everywhere for you."

"Yeah but you didn't."

I roll my eyes. Ed pushes himself off of the wall and takes my bag. We make our way out of the train station.

"So, did you tell Harry?"

I bite my lip. "Um...I told him that I had a family emergency to go to."

"So you didn't tell him that you were with Marcus?"

I avoid any eye contact with him as we approach the car. "I'm going to tell him when I see him."

"Lily," he says in a scolding tone.

"What?"

"You should've told him before you went there."

"I know, I know. But...it's complicated."

"Sorry for pointing it out but you not telling him might've just made it more complicated. I don't think he's going to like it that you lied to him."

"I didn't lie to him though! I just left out the part that I went to visit Marcus."

"Yeah, and that's not something that you keep from him."

I groan. "Can you just take us home? I'm getting a headache because of you."

His jaw hardens before he puts my bag in the trunk. We hop into the car and he drives off.

I know that Ed's right, I just didn't want to discuss it right now. The entire time that I was at Marcus', I felt the guilt in the bottom of my stomach. As time passed, I started to regret not telling him in the first place. Now, it's going to be even more nerve-wracking when I have to tell him when I see him next.

I should've listened to Ed and told Harry.

Maybe I can tell him tonight. I was really hoping to tell him in person but I didn't want to keep it from him for another two days until I see him in New York.

Speaking of New York.

"By the way, Harry invited me to go to New York with them." I turn to face Ed as he drives. "Since I couldn't make it to Paris."

"Really? And you said yes?"

"Well, at first, I felt bad that he was paying for me after I couldn't make it to Paris. But he told me not to worry about it so yeah, I said I'd go."

He nods. "So you're going to tell him then?"

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to tell him on the phone tonight. "Yeah, I will."

"Well, hopefully, he takes it well or you'll be stuck in New York until your flight back with him being upset with you."

I roll my eyes. "Thanks for telling me that, like I didn't know that already."