Chapter 129 - Revelations

Dying cause fetus Harry

**

Harry's POV

I don't even know where I'm going. I just needed to drive to get my mind off of everything, off of her.

I don't know what to think. A part of me wants to respect her wishes and give her the space she seems to need but the other part of me wants to storm back in there and tell her that I don't agree to this stupid break.

What's she so scared of that she needs a break from us so she can focus on her school? We were doing so well so I don't know why she can't just focus on school but still be with me. I know we've been dealing with a lot of problems, especially now that she's told me everything she's dealing with but the solution isn't to take a break.

The only thing to do is to talk about it, no matter what's going on. It's not healthy to just put it off and hold onto it.

We've always said that communication is important for our relationship so why doesn't she want to talk to me about it?

I go back and forth between any and every reason why but none of them still seem to make sense. We've gotten better at communication so why the sudden decision to take a break?

Of course I'd prefer that over us actually breaking up but it's still not what I think is best for us. She kept telling me that it is but I have no idea how she thinks that us being apart, not talking, is the best for us.

I can't handle not talking to her for a whole day, how am I supposed to go weeks without talking to her?

More and more questions drown my thoughts and I just want them to stop. I just want to stop feeling confused and lost.

I just want to stop feeling hurt.

Without even realizing it, I notice that I'm heading towards my hometown. Cheshire is only 45 minutes away from Manchester so, before I know it, I'm approaching my parent's home. It's already past one in the morning but I have nowhere else to go.

I can't drive all the way back to London. I'll pass out on the way there. I don't want to stay in a hotel. It'll just give me the silence and loneliness to force me to think about Lily.

I pull up onto my parent's driveway and, just like I thought, all of the lights are out. Of course they're sleeping.

Thankfully, my mum had given me a key when they first moved here even though I insisted that it wasn't my home. She had threatened me, saying that if I don't take the key, she's going to make a copy of my house key and invite herself over any time she wanted.

I couldn't say 'no' then.

So, I get out of the car and walk up to the front door. I quietly unlock it, opening it and quickly disarming the alarm system. I close the door behind me, looking around the dark house, not hearing any sounds.

I head to the kitchen but, since I didn't want to turn on any lights, I trip over something, making me crash to the ground with a loud thud. And just to add to my luck, I knock over a lamp trying to break my fall.

Not even a second later, footsteps are heard upstairs and then a light turns on.

"Who's there?" Robin's voice yells from the second floor. "I'm calling the police!"

"No, no, no! It's me. It's Harry!" I panic, quickly getting up and walking over to the stairs. I look up with my hands in the air, seeing Robin standing at the top with my mum hiding behind him.

However, when she squints her eyes and realizes it actually is me, her eyes open wide in surprise and she walks around Robin and down the stairs towards me.