Chapter 68 - Manchester

Lily's POV

Calm down, Lily. It doesn't mean anything. They're over. There's nothing going on between Harry and Ivana anymore.

I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. I've learned from my mistakes. I need to hear Harry's side of the story first.

All Ivana told me was that he went to the bathroom. I didn't want to bother asking her more questions. She would just lie about something or just annoy me. So I just told her to tell him that I called. I'm sure he'll find out eventually.

"Lily, honey, are you ready to go?" my mum calls from downstairs.

"Yes, I'll be right down!"

I put my phone and my wallet into my purse and head downstairs.

For the rest of the day, I allow myself to just relax. I don’t think about anything except all of my stress disappearing - or at least, being forgotten for a little while. I just sat there while I got my nails and my hair done. And I almost fell asleep as I got a full body massage.

I love my mum.

She told me all about her vacation with my dad. She had asked me how my summer at Ed's went and I was surprised that she didn't see me all over the news. My parents are old-fashioned so they only read the newspaper and the news that would be about me wouldn't really be front-page news. I'm glad for that. So I decided to just tell her all of the touristy stuff I did and that I met new people and made new friends. She was happy with that so I just left it at that.

At dinner, while my parents were talking about my uncle visiting them in September, I decide to check my phone.

My eyes widen when I see 12 missed calls and four texts, all from Harry. He must’ve found out that I tried to call him. I must’ve left my phone on silent the while day. I was about to call him back but then my mum interrupted me.

"Sweetie, you know the rules. No phones at the table."

Like I said, they're old-fashioned. I forgot about that rule. I reluctantly put my phone back in my purse, wishing I had quickly sent him a text telling him that I would call him back.

I continue to glance at my watch, impatiently waiting for when we get to leave. I practically ate my dessert in two bites and then I made it seem that I was still hungry when I asked my parents for some of theirs but I really just wanted them to hurry up and finish their food.

Finally, we're leaving the restaurant and I basically drag my parents into the car. I even told my mum that I needed to hurry home because of my monthly visitor. I'm sure my mum told my dad because I noticed that he was driving faster than usual and he kept glancing at me through the rearview mirror.

I didn't want to call Harry around my parents. They would surely question me if I cry, which is most likely to happen.

So when the car finally stops in the driveway, I quickly get out and run up to my room. I close the door and sit on my bed, taking out my phone and open the texts.

*Lily, please call me back*

*It's not what you think. We were just in a meeting together*

*Please call me back*

*Lily, please*

So I was right. My imagination got the best of me. There's nothing going on between them. They were just in a meeting.

Harry must be worried out of his mind with me not answering or returning my calls.

I quickly call him and sit more comfortably on my bed.