Chapter 31 - When I Look At You

Harry's POV

"2 minutes, Harry," one of my managers say.

"Yeah, yeah, I just have to make a quick phone call."

Me and the rest of the lads just had a break during one of our photoshoots for a magazine here in Paris. I had two minutes left before we had to go back but I had just seen the text from Lily saying that she wanted me to call her.

I quickly call her and wait for her to answer.

"Hey."

Hearing her voice instantly makes a smile spread onto my face.

"Hey, Lily. How are you? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just miss you. I just can't stop realizing that I'd be with you in Paris right now."

I remember how upset I was when Lily told me this morning that she couldn't make it to Paris anymore. I was so excited. I had everything planned out and now, it's all gone to waste. But she said she had a family emergency, I couldn't be upset with her about it.

"I miss you, too. I wish you were here."

"So, what're you up to? Are you still working?"

"Yeah, we still have a couple more interviews but we have a break right now. How about you?"

She silent and I'm about to ask her if she was still on the line when I heard a faint knocking on her line.

"Lily, are you ready?"

That's a guy's voice.

And what was he asking about? Ready for what?

 "Who's that?" I try to hide the suspicion in my voice.

"Um...it's...it's my cousin. Sorry, I have to go. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

Before I can respond, I hear a click and the line goes dead. I'm about to text her asking her text me when she's free so I can ask her more about where she is but someone calls for me.

"Harry, we have to go."

I turn around and see my manager waiting at the doorway for me. He seems impatient so I put my phone in my bag and follow him back to the photoshoot.

The entire time that I'm standing in front of the camera with the rest of the last with the flashes going off like crazy, I can't stop thinking about Lily and that phone call.

That guy's voice keeps playing over and over in my head. I'm trying to place it but I come up with nothing. Maybe it is just her cousin. I mean, it's a family emergency so maybe it's true. But she seemed so weird about it. Right after her cousin spoke, she told me that she had to go even though she texted me asking me to call her and talk to her. She didn't even say goodbye, she just hung up.

"Harry! Pay attention!"

I snap out of my thoughts and look up to see everyone looking at me. I look over at my manager, who had been the one that said my name. He look agitated but he always does.

I clear my throat. "Sorry."

The photographer gives me an understanding smile. "We just need a few more shots and you're free to go."

I nod and we take the shots. When we're done, me and the lads pile into the car and head over to our next interview.

"You alright, man?" Zayn asks.

I look over at him and nod. "Yeah. Just a lot on my mind."

"Sorry Lily couldn't make it."

I just nod in response. Zayn had found out from Perrie that Lily couldn't make it anymore. Perrie just arrived in Paris and she's going to meet us at our next interview. It sucks knowing that I'd be seeing Lily soon if she was able to make it.