Chapter 69 - Moving In

Lily’s POV

I’m still in shock, my hand slowly moving up to cover my mouth.

Harry grins at me, waiting for me to say something.

“Harry?” I whisper, taking my hand off of my mouth.

His smile widens and before I know it, I step forward and wrap my arms around his neck, his arms snaking around my waist soon after. I don’t know why but tears are building up as I hold him tighter, as I take in his cologne.

We pull away slightly, enough so we’re able to look at each other. I can see him look down, most definitely at the ring because I see his smile widen and his eyes light up.

It seems like what happened at the train station is being forgotten right now, like I hadn’t broken his heart. He’s here.

He looks amazing as always but he best feature on him right now is the shy smile on his face.

I have no idea why he’s here but I’m not complaining. He must’ve figured out that I read his letter.

“I don’t know why I’m crying,” I laugh. I wipe my tears with one of my hands and return them to rest on his arm. “Wh-what are you doing here?”

“I wanted to surprise you. Thought we could celebrate yours and El’s new flat. I brought some housewarming gifts.” He lifts a couple of gift bags off of the ground and holds it up.

Maybe it’s not the letter…

But why is he acting so normal right now? Shouldn’t he hate me right now for what I did to him at the train station?

Before I can ask him about it, Louis and Eleanor appear from the hallway and I reluctantly pull away so they can hug Harry.

“Thanks for coming, Harry,” Eleanor says as she pulls away. “We need more muscle.”

Louis gasps. “Am I not enough muscle for you?”

All of us laugh but I keep my eyes on Harry. He looks up at me and I start to fidget in my spot.

“You guys knew this whole time and didn’t tell me?” I ask sarcastically. They were good, especially El when she asked me if Harry called me back.

Louis holds his hands up in front of him. “Hey, he wanted to surprise you. And he said he was going to dye my hair neon pink if I told you.”

I laugh and shake my head at them.

“So, what do you guys need help with?” Harry asks as Louis closes the door.

“Well, the movers should be here soon with the beds and the furniture so I guess you can just help us unpack our things,” Eleanor says. She looks over at me and gives me a pointed look and subtly nudges her head towards an oblivious Harry.

“Oh, right. Um…did…did you want to help me unpack?” I ask Harry.

He gives me a polite smile and nods. “Yeah, sure.”

I turn around and lead us back to our rooms. I guess it’ll be a good opportunity to talk to him, firstly about why he’s here, and also talk to him about the letter. Of course I’m nervous. I was nervous enough when I thought that I had to talk to him about the letter on the phone but now he’s here and I’m even more stressed.

“Here, El, this is for you,” Harry said, handing her one of the two bags.

“Thanks, Haz.” Her and Louis go into her room and Harry follows me into mine. I turn to face him and see him looking around my new room.