Chapter 120 - Matching

The outfit in the GIF is the outfit he wears later on in this chapter :)

**

Lily's POV

"So, why didn't you want your mum telling me that you already talked to her about Christmas?"

I absentmindedly brush my hand through the back of his hair as he drives. I'm still curious as to why he didn't want me to know and the fact that he was embarrassed by it.

He sighs. "I just thought you would find it to be too much. You know...the fact that I was thinking about Christmas in September when we just got back together."

"Harry," I say, sympathy lacing my tone. "You never have to worry about things like that. Remember when I accidentally talked about our imaginary, future child a day after we got back together?"

Finally, I'm able to probe a smile out of him and I continue to rake my fingers through his hair.

"I forgot about that," he chuckles. "I guess I wasn't as bad as you."

I playfully scowl at him and pinch his neck.

"Ow! Hey! I thought we had a rule not to injure the driver."

I laugh before I resume tangling my fingers at the hair at the nape of his neck.

"So, did you ask your mum before or after you asked me?"

I can see him grow nervous as he bites his lip.

He clears his throat. "Um...before. I, um...I wanted to ask for her opinion. I didn't know if it was proper whether I should ask you to spend Christmas with us. I mean, I really wanted to, don't get me wrong. I just didn't want to ruin anything. I do remember you saying that you wanted to take it slow so I was hesitant about it."

I know he was expecting me to be overwhelmed by it but I wasn't. I was the opposite, actually. It was incredibly heartwarming knowing that he had gone to his mum about this. I know how much he respects his mum, especially when it comes to advice.

"Well, I'd say we're doing a terrible job at taking things slow. But I don't regret anything at all."

I do remember saying that I wanted to take things slow but looks at us know. We're together practically every second we can, we kiss like there's no tomorrow, I visited him while he was on tour, we already feel comfortable changing in front of each other, we shower together. Hell, we're adopting a puppy together. Those aren't really things that people do who want to take things slow.

I give him a reassuring smile when he looks over at me as we're stopped at a red light.

"You never have to worry about freaking me out whenever you talk about the future. Whether it's a week, a month, even a year from now. I mean, I planned out our kid's placemat, for god's sake, so it's not like you can do worse than that."

"You're very right about that. I'm going to use that against you every time now."

I roll my eyes, just relieved that he's not stressing about his mum telling me about Christmas anymore.

"I know you will," I mutter.

Suddenly, I remember something else that I was planning on talking to him about, something that will wipe that smirk off his face.

"So, Louis told me a little something that you had told him about me."

Like I expected, his face immediately falls, his smirk being replaced with apprehension.