Chapter 71 - Come Back To Me

Play 'This Love' by Taylor Swift for the entire chapter so put it on repeat. IT IS THE PERFECT SONG! <3 It's attached at the top but I'm not sure if it'll work. Just search it on YouTube if it doesn't.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU LISTEN TO THE SONG BECAUSE IT JUST SETS THE TONE OF THE CHAPTER

**

Lily's POV

"So, this is where you go, huh?"

He takes the swing beside the one I'm sitting on and he swings slightly while his feet are planted on the ground. I do the same but I have to use my tiptoes.

"Yup, but only at night when no one else is here."

"Is that safe?"

I saw that question coming. I look over at him and smile.

"There's a police station right there," I say as I point to our right. 50 meters away from us is a police station, several lights illuminating the building and everything around it, including this park.

"Okay." He still doesn't look convinced that it's safe as he looks around us so I decide to change the subject.

"So, why did Ivana have your phone?"

He finally looks at me and his face falls. "We were at a meeting. We were finalizing the, um, contract. Basically, it's all over. I never have to deal with her again and we signed this new contract because she told everyone about us. She's not allowed to mention me to any media anymore. It's like we never happened. And...and that's what I want."

I just nod as I continue to swing. "I bet she didn't really like that."

He rolls his eyes with a smile. "Of course not but, honestly, she deserves it."

I don't know why but his answer bothers me. I mean, I know she deserves it, she's a horrible person. But I have a feeling that my reasoning is different than Harry's.

"Why?"

I can tell that he notices the slightly harsh tone in my voice as he looks at me uncomfortably. However, the fact that he's uncomfortable just shows that he's thinking the same thing that I'm thinking.

"Well...she-she told everyone when...when she wasn't allowed to," he stutters, looking down at the ground.

I raise my eyebrows and look away. "Is that really why you think she deserved it or is it because I found out?"

I can see him stop on his swing. I look over at him and see him still looking down at the ground.

"I wanted to tell you, Lily. I really did. I...I was just scared."

"Were you ever going to tell me or were you just hoping that I would never find out?"

I don't know why I'm bringing this up now. This is the least of our worries. I guess I just need some answers.

"I'm not going to lie to you anymore, Lily. At first, I wasn't going to..." He finally looks at me and I can see the guilt in his eyes. "But I was going to tell you the night of my mum's birthday party. When we were dancing to Last First Kiss, it just reminded me of...of us. And then you were telling me all those things that you were thanking me for and the fact that you were leaving, I wanted to tell you. I wanted to tell you about the contract because I wanted you to know that I was still fighting for you. I wanted to tell you because I didn't want you to give up on us."

I lock my gaze with his. His pleading eyes look back at me, waiting for my response. When I read his letter, I was wondering why he didn't mention Ivana or the contract. At first I thought that he was trying to avoid talking about it but now I know that he wanted to tell me in person, like he is now.