Chapter 27 - I'm Here

Lily's POV

"Wake up. Your stupid boyfriend is coming over soon."

I feel a pillow being thrown on my face. I'd usually be annoyed that Ed was waking me up but hearing the humour in his voice as he described Harry actually made me excited to get up out of bed. I sit up and stretch and notice that Ed had left my room. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.

Half an hour later, I'm dressed up and my makeup is on before I head out to the living room to join Ed. He's watching TV so I sit down beside him.

"When's he getting here?" I ask.

He looks down at his watch. "In about 10 minutes." He turns the TV off and looks over at me with a smirk. My eyebrows scrunch in confusion.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"Wanna mess with Harry a bit?"

Technically, I should be totally opposed to whatever Ed had planned but anyone who knew me knows that I love pranks.

"What are you planning in that brain of yours?"

"Well..."

**

I stand to the side of the door when me and Ed hear a knock. I nod, letting him know that I was ready for our little prank. Ed opens the door and I remain behind it, hidden from Harry's view.

"Harry," Ed says in a serious tone.

"Ed," I hear Harry reply. Hearing his voice instantly makes me smile and I almost ruin the plan by almost walking around the door and hugging him. But I quietly lean back against the wall and wait for the rest of our scheme to pan out.

"So, I called you over to let you know that...Lily left."

"Left? What do you mean 'left'?" I hear the panic in his voice.

"She's gone."

"Wh...What? 'Gone', as in she's staying at a hotel?"

"No, 'gone', as in she went back home to her parents. I told her that she wasn't allowed to see you anymore so I told her to go home."

Harry stammers. "She...she wouldn't leave like that. She wouldn't leave...without saying goodbye."

"She told me to tell you that she's sorry and to tell you goodbye."

"No, no. She...she wouldn't do that. I thought that..."

It's silent but I hear my heart pounding in my ears. Harry seems really upset about all of this. This plan was just to mess with Harry but I like how I'm able to see how Harry would react if I actually did leave.

"Thought that what? She would risk our friendship to be with you? We've been friends for 15 years. She's not going to give that up for a two week relationship."

I know that this was just a prank but I can't help but feel bad for Harry.

"Yeah, well, I love her so I'm not just going to give up on her. If you cared about her, you'd let us be together."

My heart swells in my chest at Harry's confession and I'm finding it harder and harder to stay put in my spot.

"You two aren't meant to be together. You wouldn't even have met if she hadn't decided to visit me."

"But she did. It happened and I'm glad I met her. I don't care what you think, it's not over between us."

"Well, the fact that she left without saying goodbye shows how much she really cared about you."