Chapter 34 - Clarity

Lily's POV

"I still have no idea why he did that." El ponders as she sips on her iced coffee.

"Me, neither. I couldn't believe it at first," Perrie responds. She crosses her arms on the table of the coffee shop that we decided to go to lunch at.

She came home with the rest of the boys this morning. El went to the airport to pick up Louis and I had declined her offer to bring me along with her. So I just told her that I would meet up with her and Perrie for lunch.

I just twirl my straw around and around in my near empty cup, not having anything to add to the conversation between the two other girls.

"It's really weird. One second, he's following you around like some lovesick puppy and then, next thing I know, he's...done this. I don't get it," El adds.

My heart strains as her description of how Harry was before all of this rings through my ears. But what they're saying are some of the things that I've been thinking about for the past few nights. But I stopped stressing myself out over it because I knew that I wouldn't be able to get answers unless I talk to him myself. And I know that that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

"We can ask him for you, if you want. I know you told us not to but...I just need a reason to punch him in the face!"

I look up at Perrie. On any other occasion, I would laugh because I know that she would just be joking but I can hear a hint of seriousness in her tone. So, I just give her a short smile and look between the both of them.

"It's okay. I don't want to drag you guys into this."

"But what are you guys going to do? You're not going to talk about this?" Perrie says.

I shrug. I really don't know what's going to happen. I don't think I have it in me to go to him and talk about this. What am I going to say?

Why did you cheat on me?

It's been four days since I found out about Harry cheating on me. Four days where neither of us have not said one word to each other, except for the two-worded text message he has sent me saying that we were over.

Four days where all of this pain, confusion and heartbreak is following me after every passing day.

The text with no explanation and the fact that I found out over the news and not from Harry himself just added to my decision about not confronting him about this. At least, not yet.

Does he even know that I know?

He probably knows, since I haven't spoken to him since then.

"I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see. But I don't think I can talk to him yet. I'm still trying to understand it all. I'm just as confused as you guys are."

"We can do some digging!" El exclaims, jumping in her seat.

I chuckle while shaking my head. "Good luck with that. But really, you guys don't need to bother with my problems."

But El was already pulling out her phone to do God-knows-what and she starts clicking on the screen feverishly. Perrie and I exchange amused looks and go back to drinking our coffee.

"I was really tempted to go up to Harry and kick him where it hurts while we were in New York."

I force a smile at Perrie. But I find myself laughing a bit when I picture it in my head.

"Another weird thing, though." I look up at her and see her eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "I've never seen Harry more miserable. The day that it happened, he didn't talk to anyone."