Chapter 1 - Heartbreak and Making New Friends

"Okay, I'll be there soon. Bye."

I hung up the phone and turned my attention to the scenery whizzing past me from outside the window. I was on the train heading to London to visit my closest friend, Ed Sheeran. Right before I left my parent's house, I had called him to tell him everything that had happened and that I wanted to visit him. He was ecstatic and told me to get here right way. Now, I had just gotten off of the phone with him, telling him that I was almost there. He said he would pick me up at the train station and, after insisting that I could stay at a hotel, he told me that I could stay at his place since he had a spare room.

I was kind of glad that he offered to let me stay at his place because I had no idea how long I was planning on staying. To be honest, I was just running and hiding from the painful memories that came from my hometown.

I recently had my heart broken from the one that I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. We've been going out for 2 years and I loved him.

And I thought he loved me back.

Boy, was I wrong when I found him cheating on me at the end of the year university party last week.

The memory causes pain in my whole body, just seeing him in bed with another girl after I looked for him at the party.

He didn't even run after me after I stormed out of there with tears streaming down my face. His expression when I caught him made the pain a hundred times worse. He was expressionless, no ounce of regret or guilt written on his face. He didn't say anything, he just went back to kissing this unknown girl laying underneath him.

I ran out of there and went home. I was glad that I had packed my stuff for the end of the school year, so I just grabbed everything and took a cab to my parent's home.

I stayed there for a week, just staying in my old room and crying myself to sleep. My parents knew what happened and felt sorry for me and understood that I needed time for myself. Other than convincing me to eat 3 meals a day, they left me alone. I was thankful for that.

Now, a week later, I finally forced myself out of my bed, even out of my room and told me parents that I needed to get away. I told them that I wanted to go to London and that I would visit Ed.

Me and Ed have been friends since I was 5 and he was 7 so they were more than okay with me going there. They thought that it would be good for me and to go there and clear my head and forget about the pain that I'm feeling.

Since I didn't bother unpacking once I got to my parents room, I just took one of my suitcases and decided to leave right then, right there.

I said my goodbyes to my parents and told them that I'd keep in touch. It was summer vacation so they were going away on their yearly tropical getaway. It made me feel less guilty for leaving them after locking myself in my room for the whole week.

And now, here I am, 10 minutes to my destination. 10 minutes away from my best friend, who I haven't seen in months. The last time I saw him was during Christmas when he came to visit me. It seems like it was so long ago but I'm glad now that I get to spend the summer with him, especially since he just got back from the Red Tour, opening for Taylor Swift.

I decided to grab my suitcase while I waited for the minutes to pass by before I arrived in London. And finally, I felt the train slowing down and the train station growing bigger as we approached it.

Once it finally stopped, I rushed to the exit and hopped off of the train before struggling to get my suitcase down. After having the passenger waiting to get off help me with my suitcase, I thanked him and turned around. I scanned the train station before I saw a mop of orange hair poking out of the swarm of people. When he noticed me, a huge smile appeared on my face before I held onto my suitcase tightly and ran towards him.