Chapter 114 - Puppies

Read author's note for contest details (prize is a solo DM with one of the boys)

**

Lily's POV

Harry parks the car in front of the pet shelter and I unbuckle my seatbelt. I put my hand on the door handle, about to open it.

"Wait, wait, wait!"

I jump slightly at Harry's voice before I turn my head to look at him. He says nothing as he gets out of the car and I just watch him as he walks around the front and to my door.

I look at him through the window in amusement, my eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion as he opens the door and holds out his hand to me.

I take his hand and step out of the car, closing it behind me as I continue to look up at him.

"What?" he asks.

"What the hell was that?" I laugh. He lets go of my hand so I can take the keys to keep in my bag.

He reaches for my hand and he hooks his index and middle finger into mine to hold before we walk side-by-side towards the building. I smile down at it, finding it amusing how my entire hand still looks small clasped around just two of his fingers.

"Am I not allowed to be a gentleman and help my lovely girlfriend out of my car?"

I laugh and lean against his arm, taking my free hand and lightly grasping his wrist.

"My apologies. Thank you, kind sir."

He just smiles and shakes his head as we reach the door. He opens it, letting me walk in first, still keeping his hand in mine. We walk up to the front desk and we're greeted by a middle-aged woman who smiles up at us.

"Good morning. How can I help you?"

"Hi," I say. "We're looking to adopt a dog. A puppy, preferably."

She nods. "Alright. Is there a particular breed that you're looking for."

"No, not really," I reply. "We were just hoping to look around and see if there's one that we like."

"Of course. I'll have someone show you around."

I smile and nod. "Thank you."

She excuses herself and disappears behind a door. I turn in my spot and lean against Harry, placing my free hand on his chest.

"I hope we find one."

He lifts his free hand and brushes my hair behind me ear. "Me, too. But I don't think we'll be able to bring him or her home today. We'll be away this weekend and we'll be busy, too."

I stick my bottom lip out, pouting up at him. "You're right. Well, hopefully we can at least pick one today. I want to start picking out names and buy his or her bed and their leash. Oh, and cute little outfits!"

He grimaces at me. "We are not making our dog wear ridiculous outfits. He or she will be picked on by the other dogs."

"No, they won't."

Harry opens his mouth to say something but we both turn our heads when we see a flash of light from the window.

Three men with cameras are standing outside, taking pictures of us non-stop. Of course they would find out we're here.

Harry keeps me in his arms but he turns us around so he's completely blocking me from their view, his back the only thing they can see.

I smile up at him before I stand up on his tiptoes and give him and quick kiss. Harry just looks down at me as we pull away and when I stand back on my feet, he leans down and gives me another kiss.