Chapter 119 - Meeting the Parents

Lily's POV

"Is my hair okay?"

I check my hair once again, using the visor mirror as I try to flatten any stray hairs that I see.

"For the third time, yes," Harry answers. He had just called him mum telling her that we would be there in five minutes, so now, I'm frantically making sure that I look presentable.

I take out my makeup bag and reapply my lipstick. Harry hits a small bump in the road, making me put lipstick on my chin.

"Harry!" I groan. I quickly wipe it off, thankful that it didn't stain.

"Sorry," he mumbles. I can tell that my tone slightly hurt him.

I sigh, knowing that I was wrong. I know I shouldn't be blaming him. My nerves are just getting the best of me and I'm taking it out on him.

"I'm sorry. I'm just...I'm nervous."

I lean back against the seat just as Harry reaches over and takes my hand in his, bringing it up to his lips and placing a soft kiss on my knuckles.

"Don't be. They're easy to get along with and you're one of the most charming people I've ever met. There's no need to be nervous. I know you're going to hit it off with my mum and Robin. And Gemma, as well. I'm sure you'll bond with her when you two gang up on me again and make fun of me."

I laugh, turning to face him before I lean over and give him a kiss on his cheek, prompting a smile to erupt from his lips.

"They adored you when we were just friends," Harry says. "They're going to love you now that we're together and the fact that you make me insanely happy."

Of course, my nerves are calmed, all because of him. I squeal as I lurch forward and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

Harry chuckles and he places a kiss on the top of my head just before I pull away. I keep my arms loose around his neck, giving him enough space to drive properly.

"You know, this means you're going to have to meet my parents soon, as well."

"I would love to. I'm sure they're just as lovely as you are."

I grin. "Well, I know you're going to get along with my mum but my dad, he's gonna be a tough one."

His eyebrows rise slightly, glancing at me for a quick second before looking back at the road.

"Really? What do you mean?"

"Well, when I first started dating Marcus, he wouldn't even let me stay out past 10. And he would always wait for me at the door when Marcus would drop me off. He wouldn't even let him inside the house. And Marcus told me that my dad once threatened him saying that if he ever hurt me, he'd regret it. He told him that while he was cleaning his gun."

Harry's eyes widen, his face paling as he stops at a stoplight.

"Are...are you serious?"

Unable to hold it in any longer, I burst out laughing, covering my mouth with my hand. My eyes start to water from the laughter and when I look over at Harry and see him scowling at me, I just laugh even harder.

"I'm joking," I say in between laughs. "My dad obviously doesn't own a gun. My mum would kill him. Don't worry, my dad is the most laid back person you will ever meet. My mum is more strict that he is."

Harry glares at me and I shriek when he reaches out and wraps his arm around me in a headlock, trapping my head against his chest and tickling my neck. I burst out laughing again, this time against my will.