Chapter 43 - Pranks & Ice Cream

Lily's POV

"Lily, you have to talk to him sometime," Eleanor warns me.

I glance down at my phone vibrating on the counter in between Eleanor and I. After I went for a little walk after my fight with Ed, I decided to catch a taxi to her's and Louis' place. I couldn't go back to Ed's flat. I was still upset and pissed at the things he said. I'm trying to let the rest of my time here be peaceful and happy and he won't even respect my choices about Harry. He immediately jumps to the worst case scenarios when it comes to Harry and I and it's frustrating that the one person that I thought would be there to support me basically said that he wished I never came here.

Of course I was hurt by his words and I'm angry at him for lashing those words at me while I was still overwhelmed with everything that's happened.

It's almost midnight now and he's been calling me nonstop for two hours. He's left texts asking where I am, knowing that he's worried about me, regardless of his mood before I left.

I kind of wanted him to worry about me. That's how angry I was with him. If he was expecting me to come home and pretend that the fight never happened, he better think again.

The phone stops ringing but, like I expected, it starts to ring again two seconds later.

"Lily," Eleanor whines.

"You can answer it, if you want. But I'm not talking to him."

Eleanor groans before she swipes my phone from the counter and answers it.

"Hey, Ed...yeah, she's here with me...she's fine, she came here a few hours ago...she...she doesn't want to talk to you right now...yeah...yeah, I will...okay, bye."

Even though I had no intention of knowing what Ed said, I know that Eleanor is going to tell me anyways.

"He's been wondering where you are and he said he's sorry for what he said. He wants you to go back to his place and talk."

"We had a chance to talk about it but he ruined it by saying those things. I can't go back there, at least, not tonight. Is...is it okay if I stay here the night?"

She gives me a warm smile. "Of course. Stay as long as you like. What he said was out of line so I'm on your side for this."

I reply with a smile, pulling my knees up on the chair and hugging them.

"Do...do you think that what some of what Ed said was true? Am I being stupid for what I'm doing with Harry?"

She looks at me with sympathy and sighs. "Well, like Perrie and I said. We wished he would've done a lot more to earn your forgiveness but neither of us know the whole story between you two so we can't be ones to judge. I just hope that this doesn't make things worse. Just trust your gut with whatever you think is right. If you think this is what you two need, then I'm going to respect that."

Ever since I forgave Harry, I've been bothered with thoughts that I'm being stupid and careless. Even though we both made mistakes, what he did was much worse than what I did and I'm not sure if I should've forgiven him so easily. But like I said, I haven't completely forgiven him yet. I still have a chance to have him earn it. I just thought that us being friends would be able to make that process easier. And I wish that Ed had let me have a chance to explain to him.

"Where's Louis?" I ask.

"He's still out with the lads. They decided to go to the bar afterwards. I told Louis you were here and he said he'd be home soon."

I nod.

"Does Harry know you're here?"

I shake my head. "No. I haven't talked to him since this morning at Zayn's."