Chapter 118 - Cold Mornings

Lily's POV

I wake up to the sound of a phone ringing. As soon as my senses start to work, I realize that it's Harry's phone. I'm still half-asleep so I can't be bothered to answer it or at least turn it off. Eventually, it stops ringing but by then, I'm fully awake.

I'm still draped over Harry's bare body, my arm and my leg hanging over him and my body flush against his side. I slowly open my eyes, Harry's chest and the tattoos scattered around it the first thing I see.

I watch as his chest rises and falls slowly and evenly and then I place my hand over his heart, letting the beat pulse underneath my touch.

Slowly, I raise myself up to rest on my elbow, resting my chin on my hand as I gaze down at Harry's still sleeping figure. I take my other hand that was placed on his chest and start tracing lazy circles around his bird tattoos.

I glance over at the clock on my bedside table and see that it's seven in the morning. This is the time I usually wake up but I know that Harry won't be waking up any time soon.

But of course, I want him to.

I decide to move down to his butterfly tattoo, adding a little bit more pressure as I trace around it.

I can see him start to stir but I can tell that he's fighting to stay asleep.

That's when I decide to move down to his leaf tattoos on his hips. This time, I lighten my touch, just barely grazing over his skin. I run my fingers along his hips, slowly trying to coax him out of his sleep.

I know that I've finally woken him when I feel his fingers run along my spine slowly. He turns his head towards me, a lazy smile spreading across his face.

"Morning," he mumbles, his voice low and laced with sleep, just like his eyes as he tries to blink the heaviness away.

I smile down at him and continue to run my finger back around one of his bird tattoos.

"Morning."

His finger resumes tracing up and down my spine and he rests his other hand underneath his head.

"Why are you up so early?" he asks, glancing at the clock before turning back to me.

"Your phone woke me up. Someone called you."

He groans as he stretches, still continuing his gentle tracing along my back. He turns slightly to grab his phone, turning it on and staring at the screen.

"It's my mum," he says. "Hold on, let me just call her back."

I just smile and nod but don't move from my spot. Harry doesn't move, either. He just pulls me closer as he looks at his phone. He puts it up to his ear as he looks back at me.

I can hear the call from where I am so both of us wait for an answer.

A few rings later, it finally stops.

"Hello?"

"Hi, mum. How are you?"

"Hi, Harry. I'm good. How are you? Did I wake you?"

He smiles at me. "No, just Lily. I was sleeping like a baby."

I blush slightly at the thought that she must realize that Harry and I are sleeping together in the same bed. Harry doesn't even realize or care.

"Oh, good, so you're both awake. I was just calling to see if you two would like to drop by for lunch. I know you're going to be here in London for the weekend so I just wanted to invite you two over. Gemma's coming over today, as well."