Chapter 134 - Linger

Lily's POV

I wake feeling the most refreshed I have in the past five weeks. I feel like I actually got a full night's rest. I don't feel groggy or tired and I don't feel the urge to go back to sleep.

When I feel the warm body pressed against my back, the strong arms around my body and long legs tangled with mine, I actually wake with a smile on my face. Harry and I are in the exact same position we were in when we both fell asleep and I have no intention of moving out of it any time soon.

I can tell that Harry's still asleep when I feel his steady breath against my back. I glance at the clock on the bedside table and see that it's already almost 11 in the morning.

Harry and I went to bed early last night but we stayed up for hours just holding each other and talking. With the crazy week I had, I kept dozing off but then he would give me kisses to keep me awake.

I wasn't even mad at him for it. I wanted to stay up with him. I wanted to keep kissing him.

It wasn't until past midnight that Harry had finally started getting tired. We had just continued giving lazy, gentle kisses until he had turned me around so he could cuddle me from behind until we had both finally fell asleep.

I'm already fully awake but I'm definitely too comfortable to even think about getting out of bed. Instead, I just smile softly as I gently brush my finger along Harry's arm. I take the time to trace his tattoos until I reach down to trace each knuckle of his hand.

When I start to glide my finger along his arm again, I feel Harry move slightly behind me, a quiet exhale leaving his lips and tickling the back of my neck. My smile widens slightly when his arms tighten around me and when he presses his lips against the spot where my shoulder connects with my neck.

He hums lowly. "Hmm, I fucking missed this so much," he grumbles. He buries his face into my hair and presses his lips against my head.

I clasp my fingers over his as I turn my head to face him. A lazy smile is spread across his face, eyes half-lidded and his eyelashes brushing against his cheeks as he blinks slowly.

"I didn't really miss it that much," I tease, grinning as I lean in and place a small kiss on his lips.

I turn my whole body around, my chest now pressing against his. His arms tighten around my waist as I place my one hand on his chest and I use the other to brush the back of my finger along his jawline.

"Oh, really?" He raises an eyebrow at me, a lazy smile on his face.

"I don't miss you taking up three-quarters of the bed."

I may be exaggerating but it's true. When we cuddle with my back to him, we always go to sleep in the middle of the bed but we somehow end up moving towards my side.

His smile widens. "I do not! I just want to be as close to you as I can."

I laugh quietly. "I'm just joking. I actually like that you can somehow push the both of us to my side of the bed during the night."

He rolls his eyes but tightens his arms around me. "Did you sleep well?"

I nod. "Very well. You?"

"Very, very well." His smile widens as he leans closer and nudges my nose with his. "The best I've slept in a long, long time."

I continue to glide my finger along his jaw as I close my eyes. His fingers slide underneath his shirt that I'm wearing and he starts to gently press them into my skin.