Chapter 52 - All Over Again

Harry’s POV

I don’t even care how desperate I seem. I don’t care what they think of me dropping off my “girlfriend” and then coming here just so I can see Lily again. Lunch today wasn’t enough. Yes, I got to see her but I just wanted it to be her. I didn’t want anyone else there. I just wanted to see her. Talk to her. Be around just her.

I don’t even wait for the elevator door to fully open before I step out and head towards Ed’s flat. I stand in front of the door, taking a deep breath. I’m about to knock on the door when a sound stops me.

Lily is laughing. The sound is music to my ears. I used to go out of my way just to find ways to make her laugh just so I can hear it. When she laughs, all I look at is her, relishing on how happy it makes me.

It’s not until I head Ed laughing along with her and then Lily squealing that the smile fades from my face.

“Ed, stop it!” she laughs. “Put me down!”

Put her down from where?

I lean closer to the door, hoping that Ed’s neighbours don’t come out and see me and call the police.

Lily and Ed are still laughing before it stops just as I hear a sound that sounds like someone falling onto a mattress. The couch?

Lily squeals again and then both of their laughter rings through the door.

What is going on?

I can hear their laughter slowly dying down until it’s completely silent. I lean ever closer to the door, my ear inches away from it.

I don’t hear any further sound so I reach my hand up, about to knock but the next sound makes my stomach drop and my heart strain in my chest.

Ed groans.

What the f*ck?

I take a step away from the door, staring at it, hoping that I’m somehow in front of the wrong door. But I’m not. This is Ed’s flat and I know that’s Lily’s laughter. The sound haunts me in my dreams, forever burnt in my memory.

I think about turning around and leaving, not wanting to know what the hell is happening behind that door but my body seems to have a minds of its own as I step forward and knock, a bit more louder and feverishly than usual.

I bite my lip in worry. What if I’m interrupting them? What if they’re rushing to put their clothes back on?

I shake my head.

How could I even think that? I can’t think about that. That thought makes me want to kick this door down just so I know that it’s not actually what they’re doing.

Finally, the door opens and the sight in front of me makes me feel happiness and fear at the same time. I look down at Lily, a smile spreading on her face when she sees me. However, when I take a good look at her, I see that her hair is messed up. When she opens the door fully, she fixes her shirt that was bunched up at her waist.

I’m at a loss of words. I look behind her and see Ed standing up from the couch, his hair just as messy and his shirt bunched up at the collar.

My heart starts to pound in my chest and my hands clench…in anger?

I look between them and I must look how I feel because Lily’s eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.

“Harry?”

I blink and settle my gaze on her. I attempt to calm myself down, taking a couple of really deep breaths.

“Harry, are you okay? What are you doing here?”