Chapter 50 - Where It Belongs

Lily's POV

"Welcome back!"

Eleanor pulls me in for a hug when Ed and I reach her.

"Thanks. It's good to be back," I reply. It really is good to be back. Amsterdam was great but nothing beats being home with your friends. I turn to Louis and give him a hug.

Eleanor planned a dinner out with everyone to welcome us back. I sit down in the seat beside her and we wait for everyone else to arrive.

"So, how was Amsterdam?" she asks.

"It was amazing. The movie premiere was awesome. I got to meet so many people. But my favourite part was definitely sightseeing. It's so beautiful there. You should go there some time. Oh, and take me with you, of course."

We laugh.

"Glad you had great time. And...how about...you know..."

I look away, my smile fading. I know what Eleanor's asking about. She's talking about the main reason that I went there. To think things through and get my head straight. I did think about everything but I don't think I got to where I wanted to, or at least where I thought I would. I'm also not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I open my mouth to tell her this but we see Zayn and Perrie arrive. We stand up and greet them and before we have a chance to take our seats again, Liam and Niall arrive, Harry following soon after.

I can't help but focus my attention on him. And I can't help the smile that has been stuck on my face since the second I saw him walk in. It's been almost a week since I last saw him, of course I'm a bit excited to see him.

Eleanor informed me on the phone on my way here that Ivana couldn't make it but there was a part of me that knew that Eleanor didn't even bother inviting her. Not that I have a problem with that.

I hug Liam and Niall but I mostly keep my gaze on Harry and I see him do the same with me. It's not until he's standing in front of me that I'm suddenly nervous. We stand hesitantly in front of each other, Harry with his hands in his pockets. I can feel the tension slowly dissipating, being replaced with electricity.

"Hey," I say breathlessly, not noticing that I was holding my breath.

His smile widens. "Hey."

As soon as Harry takes his hands out of his pockets, I take a step forward and wrap my arms around him. He immediately returns the hug and we just hold each other. I close my eyes and feel myself relax against his body. I breathe in his scent and hug him tighter before we pull away. He keeps his hands clasped around my arms as he looks down at me.

"I...I, um..." I stutter. What I wanted to say was that I mis--

"I missed you, too," he says.

He grins at me and I feel my cheeks heat up. I look down, hiding my blush and my huge smile.

"How was Amsterdam?" He lets go of my arms and takes a small step back.

"Why don't we have a seat and I'll tell you all about it?"

He smiles and nods before both of us take our seats. I take my seat beside Eleanor and Harry vacates the one on my other side.

Our waiter comes to take our drink orders before I turn back to Harry.

And I tell him about Amsterdam. The movie premiere, the scenery, the canal. Everything.

Except...

"Oh my gosh, Lily. Who is this cutie that just wrote on your wall?" Eleanor speaks beside me. She has her phone in her hands.

"What?" I ask confusedly.