Chapter 54 - Sushi

Lily's POV

"I'm paying this time and if you won't let me, then just take me back to Ed's."

"Alright, alright." He holds his hands up in front of him, a chuckle escaping his lips. I smile in triumph as I turn around and walk up to the ticket booth.

"Two adults, please." I hand my card to the lady working behind the booth and she returns it along with two tickets for the London Eye. I hand Harry his ticket before we make our way to the line.

He leans in, his mouth just beside my ear. "You know, this just means that I'm going to pay for dinner." Shivers run down my spine as his breath tickles my neck and I cross my arms, hoping to hide the goosebumps appearing on my skin.

I smirk up at him. "Who said I wanted to go to dinner with you?"

His eyes light up, knowing that he's also taken back to the last time that we were here. I remember teasing him after he had suggested that I could pay him back for the tickets by paying for dinner afterwards and then asking him this exact same question. Nostalgia hits me hard but I find myself smiling at the memory.

I see his eyes dart to my lips. Only a few inches of space is between us and I want nothing more than to close it.

What am I doing?

He leans in even closer. I can see the wariness in his eyes as his gaze moves from my lips and back up to meet mine. I know he's waiting for me to close the rest of the distance between our awaiting lips but I still have a sliver of self-control lingering somewhere in my body.

This is wrong. I can't do this. I want to but I can't. I know that Harry wants this too but why?

Someone clears their throat and I jump and take a step away from Harry. I take a shaky breath as I walk past the man working at the Eye and head into the pod.

We have the pod to ourselves again and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, especially now after what just happened. I lean my arms on top of the bar right in the front, hearing Harry's footsteps behind me before I see him appear at my side. Both of us keep our gaze straight ahead of us out in the view of the city. Silence surrounds us and I can feel the tension growing after each passing second.

Finally, the pod moves and I watch as London shrinks below us. It's still as breathtaking as the first time I saw it. Nothing beats this view, except maybe the view from our spot but I think the beauty of both views is enhanced by the one standing beside me right this second.

"I'm sorry," Harry blurts out.

I snap my head up to look at him but he's still looking out at the view.

"I'm sorry for...what just happened." He finally looks at me and my eyes widen at amount of worry filling his features. "I don't want to mess this up again. I...I like what we have right now and I don't want to push you away again. I'm sorry. I...I--"

I take my finger and press is against his lips, silencing him. If this wasn't such a serious topic, I would be laughing at how adorable I find him right now as he flusters through his words. Instead, I force him to look at me as I take my finger and cup his cheek with my hand.

"It's okay. It's nothing. Nothing happened so don't get too worked up about it. I mean, I--"

What I wanted to say was that I wanted to kiss him as much as he did. But admitting that would probably make this even worse and cause even more problems.

"It's okay," I say instead. "Let's just forget about it and enjoy the rest of the night."

He nods, the worry fading away and slowly being replaced with a smile. I smile back and his smile finally reaches his green eyes. I see them light up again just like they were a few moments ago and I have to force myself to rip my gaze away from it and rest my sights on the view below us.