Chapter 10 - Waking Up

Harry's POV

I woke up, disoriented for a second when I felt something, or actually, someone in my arms. I slowly opened my eyes and rested my gaze on a peacefully sleeping Lily. A smile grew on my face as I took in our position, Lily snuggled into my chest with my arms around her. I have no recollection of how we got into this position. All I remember was passing out in the middle of the movie.

I do remember her coming closer and closer to me throughout the movie until she rested her head on my shoulders. I was surprised at first but I didn't hesitate to put my arm around her.

And now, we're here lying in bed together.

Yesterday was a good day. Well, most of it.

After planning the whole day with Ed to cheer Lily up, I was excited to see her again and to spend more time with her. I was being an idiot at the arcade though. I guess my jealousy got the best of me and I jumped to conclusions when I shouldn't have.

I couldn't help it though. When I saw her and Niall hugging, it bothered me. I should've been the one hugging her.

And when she came over to talk to me, I was being such an ass about it. I could tell that she knew that something was bothering me and when I wasn't saying anything about it, I could tell that she was getting annoyed. And when she walked away, I knew that I was being immature about it.

I'm glad that we talked it through.

I almost spilled my feelings for her right then when she asked me why it would bother me that her and Niall were hugging. I didn't know what to say. I really was about to tell her how I feel about her.

I should've.

I know that she told me that she only sees me as a friend but I know I'm going to regret it in the future if I don't tell her how I really feel about her.

I just wish that she felt the same way.

And when that prick grabbed her, I had this need to protect her. She seems so delicate and vulnerable but she's also one of the strongest people I know.

That's one of the millions of things that I like about her.

And after yesterday, I was starting to think that, maybe, she's starting to like me back.

When she kissed me on the cheek, it gave me hope.

But I know that I shouldn't look too much into it. Girls give guys kisses on the cheek all the time.

Right?

But now, with her here with me right now. I can't help but think about how I want this every day. To wake up every morning with her in my arms.

She was the one that made the first move by resting her head on my shoulder and she could've stopped it any time.

The last thing I remember is her resting her head on my shoulder but now she's lying right against me, her hands resting on my chest and her head snuggled into my neck.

I could feel her breath against my neck, sending shivers throughout my body.

I looked back at her face and I wanted, more than anything, to kiss her. I wanted to kiss her and wake her up and have her smile at me.

She stirred in her sleep, which caused a strand of hair to fall on her face.

Out of reflex, I carefully placed the strand of hair behind her ear before resting my hand on her arm.

Suddenly, she started stirring more before she slowly opened her eyes, resting on mine.

I waited patiently for her reaction.