Chapter 93 - Communication

Lily's POV

I throw my bags into the back seat, all the while Eleanor watching me with curious eyes as I hop inside the car and slump in my seat.

She sighs. "What happened now?"

I look over at her. "How did you know something was wrong?"

She keeps the car in park before she turns in her seat to face me.

"Well, for one, you're not crying your eyes out like I thought you would be. Two, Harry isn't here walking you to the car like I thought he would. And three, you aren't complaining about missing Harry already like you did the last time."

I chuckle lightly. "You know me too well." I look out the window and take a deep breath. "We had a fight."

"About what?"

"The stupidest things that people could fight over. I don't know. We said things that I'm sure we didn't mean. Again. I just have no idea why Harry said what he said."

"Did you guys talk about it?"

"No, we didn't have time to. It happened not even an hour ago. You were already on your way when Harry finally wanted to talk about it."

Suddenly, El turns off the car and crosses her arms. "Go talk to him."

I look at her in confusion. "What? No, it's fine. It can wait. We have to go back to Manchester and I don't want to make you wait."

She raises an eyebrow at me. "Like you said, I know you too well. I know that if you don't talk about this now with Harry, face-to-face, you're going to go home and worry about this every day until you see him next. So you can talk to him now and you'll make up like I know you two will and we can go home and you'll be happily in love like you always are and I won't have to deal with you crying every day. Trust me, babe, it'd be better for the two of us if you got out of this car and talk to him."

I look at her in astonishment. I know she's right. That's exactly what's going to happen if I leave this without talking to Harry.

"We can stay here all night if we have to."

She leans back in her seat to make a statement and I smile and shake my head.

"Alright, fine. I'll go. Are you really sure though? I don't want to make you wait. Who knows how long we'll take to talk."

"It's fine. I'll just call Lou while I wait." She gives me a reassuring smile. "Lily, I promise, it's fine. I know you'd do the same for me."

I smile back. "Thank you." I sit up straight and put my hand on the door handle. "I'll try and make it as quick as possible."

"Take your time, sweetie."

I smile at her again and open the door. I step out and turn around to face El again.

"Thank you, again. I really appreciate it."

She just returns my smile and nods. "Good luck."

"Thanks." I give her one last smile before I close the door and head towards the house.

I take a deep breath as I reach the front door. I contemplate on knocking but I decide to just let myself in. I open the door and I immediately start looking around the house. I freeze when I see Harry sitting at the bottom of the stairs, his head bowed down.

His head snaps up at me when he hears me and I feel my heart drop when I see his red and puffy eyes looking back at me. His cheeks are wet with tears and his bottom lip is trembling.

I close the door behind me but I stay in my spot as I stand there and just stare back at Harry. I know that we needed to talk about this but I have no idea how to start. I don't even know which one of us should be speaking first.