Chapter 96 - Distracted

Lily's POV

I leave my class and head over to the coffee shop to grab a coffee for my next class. I'm waiting in line, looking at the menu to see if there's something different that I want to try. Suddenly, someone taps my shoulder. I turn my head and see Collin standing behind me with a smile on his face.

"Hey, Collin." I turn around and face him, looking behind him for Leo. "Is Leo with you?"

"I'm going to meet him for our next class. Thought I'd get a coffee first."

I nod. "Same here. I haven't been getting the greatest sleep lately."

I leave out the reason - or technically, the person - behind this.

"Sorry about that. I wouldn't know what I'd do if I didn't get my beauty sleep."

We laugh as I turn back around as the line moves forward. Collin stands beside me.

"Are you going to the party on Friday?" he asks me.

El told me about this party that one of her friends is having. She said that practically everyone's invited and that I better go since I've never been to one before without Marcus back when we were together.

"Um, yeah. I most likely am. How about you?"

I look over at him and see him already looking at me. "Now that you're going, I definitely have to go."

He gives me a sweet smile and I can feel my cheeks heating up as I look away.

Is he flirting with me?

Oh gosh. If Harry was here, he'd most likely already be knocking him to the ground.

I clear my throat as I step forward, following the advancing line. This is actually kind of awkward. I don't know how to react to someone flirting with me when I don't plan on flirting back.

I wrack my brain to think of anything to stop him from flirting with me even more.

"I wish my boyfriend could go, too. I've never been to a college party before."

I leave out the part about Marcus because I know that he'll just ask about that, too.

I know I'm being horrible at being subtle but I can't think of anything else to do or say.

"Oh, you have a boyfriend? Does he go here, too?"

S.hit. How am I supposed to explain to him that my boyfriend is a global celebrity?

I keep my gaze in front of me. "Um, no. He's a singer so he's travelling the world right now."

I try to be vague but I know he's going to keep asking questions. Which he does.

"Oh yeah. Who is he? Do I know him?"

I sigh. I guess I can't keep it a secret much longer. This is what I get for bringing up that I have a boyfriend.

"Yeah, it's Harry Styles. From One Direction."

I finally look up at him and see him looking at me with wide eyes.

"Really? He's your boyfriend. Wow."

I clear my throat. "Yeah," is all I say as we finally reach the front of the line.

"How long have you two been together?"

Why is he asking me so many questions?

"Over four months now."

I leave out the part that we've broken up a few times. He might ask me more questions about it.

"Do you see him a lot?"