Chapter 81 - Teasing

Harry’s POV

“Don’t worry, mate. Time will fly and you’ll see her again really soon. Trust me, it’s not as hard as you think it’s going to be.”

I look over at Louis as he drives. Even though it’s my car, he insisted that he would drive, most likely because he had noticed that I was in no state to drive safely. As soon as I had left Lily, I had started to cry. I couldn’t stop it. I tried as hard as I could to stop myself but it was too damn hard. My eyes were red and swollen and tears were falling non-stop. I was actually so relieved that Louis offered to drive.

I had just sat in my seat, my head against the window as I watched Manchester pass behind us.

I take a deep breath. “I know. I mean, I hope so. I just don’t want to be miserable the whole time. I know Lily would beat me up if she realized I was like this for the whole tour.”

I just smile as Louis laughs beside me.

I really do hope that Louis’ right. Seeing as how he’s been in a relationship with Eleanor for a long time and has dealt with the long-distance part several times, I know that he must be genuine. I’ve seen him be miserable like I am right now a few times before but he’s also handled it pretty well. I hope I can handle it as well as he can. I don’t want to bring everyone down while on tour by being like this.

I know it’ll get better. I’m just overwhelmed right now since I just left Lily. I’ll talk to her tonight and tomorrow and the day after and every day until I see her again.

I didn’t want to bring it up, I didn’t even want to admit it but I realized that I would most likely be seeing her again at the end of October when we have our show in Manchester. That just made this all much more depressing because that’s two whole damn months.

How am I supposed to survive not seeing her, not kissing her, not holding her for two whole months?

I look out the window again and close my eyes. I instantly bring up the image of her smiling up at me and it brings me slight peace.

“Why don’t you talk to her right now?” Louis asks.

I open my eyes again and look outside the window. “It’s alright. I’ll wait until we get home. I’d feel bad since I made you drive and I would just be talking to her. I told her that, too, so she knows that we’ll talk later.”

“Don’t worry about that, Harry. I really don’t mind.”

I look over at him and give him a small smile. “It’s okay. It’s a long drive and I don’t want you to be bored. It’s really okay. I’ll talk to her later.”

I would feel bad that I would just be on my phone the entire way home talking to Lily. And I know that Louis would do the same if I were the one that was driving.

I give him a reassuring smile and he finally nods.

“I didn’t have the chance to congratulate you properly but…I’m so happy for you. I really am. You and Lily are perfect for each other. I’m glad you guys got through it. I can tell you’re happy again. Genuinely happy.”

“I am. I couldn’t be happier. Well, actually, I would prefer if I could see her everyday but I would take this over not being with her.”

“Yeah I understand.”

“I was honestly really scared that Lily wouldn’t take me back. Even if we had decided to just be friends, I know that that wouldn’t be enough for me. I wouldn’t be able to handle seeing her with anyone else and I don't think I’d be able to find someone else. You have no idea how happy I was when she said she was still in love with me.” I smile as I look out the window, remembering the feeling I got when I first heard those words come out of her mouth. “I love her. I don’t know what I’d do without her.”