Chapter 70 - Jealousy

Lily’s POV

“Alright, I’ll be back with your drinks.”

Our waiter takes our menus and turns around, but not before he gives me a wide smile.

I wouldn’t even have noticed had I not looked over at Harry and see him glaring at the back of the waiter’s head.

I clear my throat, pretending that I didn’t see what the waiter did. Harry looks back at me and his face softens.

“So…um, the letter?” I start.

“Wait. I want to say something first.”

I look at him and wait, watching him grow nervous.

“Um…I just wanted to say…thank you.” He glances down towards the ring. “Thank you for wearing the ring.”

My hand reflexively moves up to take my ring in between my fingers and a small smile spreads across on my face.

“Thank you…for giving it to me. I was actually looking for this before…before I left.”

Understanding appears on his face, knowing that he knows exactly when I was looking for it.

“Right. So, the letter,” he says.

“Right.” I rest my arms on the table and lean forward. “So, first of all, I--”

“Here are your drinks.” Our waiter places my drink right in front of me, causing me to have to lean back on my chair to make room. He then places Harry’s drink in front of him and I can see Harry’s jaw tensing.

I’m waiting for the waiter to leave but he just straightens up and faces towards me.

“Did you need anything else?”

“Oh, um, no.” I shake my head and wonder why he would be asking me this after just giving us our drink. “Thank you.”

“Just let me know if you do.” He only says it to me and I glance over at Harry and see him glaring at the waiter again.

I look back at the waiter and nod. “I will.”

This time I keep my eyes on Harry, hoping that the waiter will get the point. Luckily, he does because he turns around a second later and leaves.

“That waiter is a prick.”

A small laugh escapes from me but I stop myself and cover my mouth. Usually, I would scold him for being rude but I kind of agree with me.

“Harry, don’t worry about him. He’s just being friendly.”

I need to get the waiter out of Harry’s head. I know it’s kind of hard when the waiter keeps pissing him off.

“He’s being too friendly. And to you only. Does he not see that we’re on a date?”

His eyes widen as he realizes what he says and he looks up at me with blushed cheeks. “I-I mean, you know, we’re having dinner together and…and it’d be nice if he didn’t try to flirt with you.”

I rest my hand on top of his. “Harry, don’t let that waiter ruin our dinner. Plus, he’s not very good at flirting, anyways. I mean, who flirts with a girl that obviously trying to have a nice dinner with someone? He’s not being a very good waiter, either.”

Harry laughs and I can tell he’s feeling slightly less tense about the situation.

“You’re right. I’m sorry. But if he stares at you one more time, I’m gonna--”