Chapter 56 - Truth

Harry's POV

I was right. Lily and Ed are together. All the intimacy, the touching and everything that I overheard that day when I came to pick her up at Ed's. They were together already.

All those moments that we shared since she came back from Amsterdam means nothing now. I thought that she was starting to have feelings for me again but there I was, oblivious to the fact that she was with someone else.

Suddenly, a thought strikes me right in my face. I start to remember the multiple times that Ed had warned me to stay away from her. Here I thought that he just didn't want the two of us together, when in fact, he was just doing it because he had feelings for her. That was months ago. Did he have feelings for her all this time? How long has he been feeling this way?

No wonder he punched me when I confessed that I was in love with her. No one freaks out that much over it.

"Harry? Did you hear me?"

I shake my head and look over at Lily.

"I...I need a minute. I'll be right back."

I feel like I'm going to freak out in any second. I need to get away. I turn around and make my way out of the store. Just as I'm about to walk through the doors, I feel someone grab my wrist. Lily turns me around.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

I shake my head quickly. "Nothing. I just need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

I politely pull my wrist out of her grasp and turn around. I quickly walk straight, not knowing where I'm actually going. I walk throughout the mall once I realize that I'm all the way on the other side from everyone else. I find a vacant bench off to the side and I sit down, resting my elbows on my knees and bowing my head.

All of my hard work, it'll all be for nothing. Even when the contract ends, I won't be able to win her back. She's with someone else now. I can't get her back.

I should've told her about the contract. At least then she'll know that I'm fighting for her. She's moved on. She thinks that I've moved on myself and now she's found someone else. And it's not like it's some casual fling, she's with Ed, someone she's known almost her entire life. Someone she knows so much about, someone who knows so much about her.

It's over. I've completely lost her.

Suddenly, I hear my phone ringing and I pull it out of my pocket and answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Haz, where are you?"

I take a deep breath. "I just went to the bathroom."

It's silent for a while but I swear I hear Louis and someone else - a girl's voice - whisper through the phone. I can't hear them and I have no energy to ask about it.

"Alright, well, we're going to the food court to get some lunch. Meet us there."

"Okay. I'll be there soon."

More inaudible whispering.

"You alright?"

Does he know? Do they all know about Lily and Ed?

"Yeah. I'll see you in a bit."

I hang up and put my phone back in my pocket before I stand up and make my way towards the cafeteria. I look around for them and it's easy to spot them as they're taking up three tables.

I look away when I see Lily and Ed sitting beside each other and I take a seat as far away from them beside Niall.

"Are you not going to get anything?" he asks through a mouthful of food.