Chapter 123 - Circles

Decided to update because Infinity

**

Lily's POV

"I don't think I can do this anymore, Harry."

Is that...Collin?

Utter confusion washes over me, my eyebrows furrowing as I continue to listen. Why the hell are Harry and Collin talking? And privately in a room?

They only just met yesterday.

"She's starting to get suspicious," he continues.

"No, she isn't," Harry replies. "You're fine. You have nothing to worry about."

What the hell are they talking about? Are they talking about me?

"I don't feel comfortable doing this anymore. Can't you just tell her?"

I know for sure that they're talking about me now. There's no one else that they would be talking about like this.

I continue to listen and the next words that come out of Harry's mouth hit me like a ton of bricks.

"And how do you think she's going to react? 'Hey, Lily. I hired Collin to be your personal bodyguard to watch over you while I'm on tour'."

What?

My eyes widen, a silent gasp catching in my throat.

Harry hired Collin to be my bodyguard? Why? Since when?

More and more questions start forming in my head and I know that, no matter what, I'm going to get answers from Harry himself.

I hear Collin sigh, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"She's a great person, Harry. I feel so guilty for doing this. She's an independent girl. I honestly think she doesn't need a bodyguard. The only time something bad happened was at that party. Other than that, nothing happened."

So he was watching over me since the party. No wonder he was so worried about me after they found me. As I look back to that day, I start to remember more things.

I remember him asking me if I was going to that party. I remember telling him that I was and then when I had asked him, he had said, "Now that you're going, I definitely have to go".

I had thought he had said that because he was flirting with me when in reality, he had said it because he was getting paid to watch over me.

"Look. I'll be the judge of whether she needs a bodyguard or not. If you don't want to do this, then I'll just find someone else."

So many things from those sentences are just plain wrong. I honestly can't believe him right now.

"Can you at least think about telling her?" Collin asks. "I can still watch over her even if you tell her. Maybe she'll understand."

"She definitely won't understand. This is one of the things that we constantly fight about. She can't know."

I grow angrier and angrier at each passing second. I want to barge in there and yell at him but I want to find out what else he has to say.

Harry sighs. "Okay. Since I'm going to be around here for the next couple of months, I guess you don't have to watch over her...as much. I'll think about it."

"So you're really not going to tell her? She deserves to know."

I've heard enough. I slam the door open, letting it hit the wall with a loud thud. Both of them snap their heads at me, pure horror spreading across their faces.