Chapter 135 - Welcoming

Lily's POV

"Oh my gosh. I missed this place so much."

I gaze out my window, watching the London Eye get closer and closer to us as we drive by. I smile at it, remembering all of the wonderful memories I had on there, all of them with the one sitting beside me right now.

I feel Harry's hand squeeze mine, which has been placed in his lap ever since we left Manchester. I typically have his hand in mine on my own lap but Luna fell asleep on me five minutes into our drive.

The Eye is behind us now so I look ahead, watching the surroundings pass us by and feel the familiarity that now comes with this city. It's been six weeks since I've been here but it honestly feels like it's been months. I fell in love with this city in the summer and I knew that I would eventually live here.

"Since you missed this place so much, I was thinking of taking you on the Eye again," Harry says. "It's been a while since we've both been there."

I smile at him when he gives me a quick glance. "I would love that. If we can, I would also love to go to our spot. It's been even longer since we've been there."

"Of course. It might be a bit chilly but I'm sure we can handle it. We can go after the party or sometime tomorrow."

My smile widens at the thought. I love the Eye but our spot will always be one of my favourite places ever. So many great memories made there but my absolute favourite was when Harry and I had our first date there.

I lean against his arm until we arrive at his aunt's place where the surprise party is going to be held. They were going to do it at Gemma's flat but it was too small to fit Harry's entire family.

"Just a little warning, my family can get a little...overwhelming. They may scare you a little but it's their own way of showing you that they like you."

I laugh. "I'm sure they'll be lovely."

We park down the street so Gemma won't see it and become suspicious.

Luna had woken up a few minutes ago so I attach the leash to her collar and get out of the car. Harry makes his way to me, taking my hand as we take Luna for a short walk and give her enough time to do her business.

By the time we reach the front porch, my nose had started to go numb. Harry pulls me closer as he rings the doorbell and a few seconds later, a woman opens the door.

"Harry! How are you? Come in."

Harry and I step inside the house and he hugs her after she closes the door.

"Hi, Aunt Dee."

He pulls away and steps beside me, resting his hand on my back. I give her a shy smile and she gives me a warm one.

"Aunt Dee, this is Lily, my girlfriend."

I'm about to take my hand out to shake hers but she steps forward and gives me a hug.

"Nice to meet you, Lily. I've heard quite a lot about you."

I smile as we pull away, feeling a hint of a blush heating up my cheeks. "Nice to meet you, too. You have a lovely home."

"Thank you, dear. Now, come in. Harry, your mum's in the kitchen. She's been waiting for you two. And you can let your dog walk around. Daisy should be around here somewhere."

Harry gives my hand a squeeze and I look up to see him silently asking me if I'm okay. I give him a reassuring nod, letting him know that I'm okay.

I had no idea what to expect today. I didn't think that Anne would have told his family about me. I thought that they wouldn't even know who I was when I got here. But they do, and they seem to like me. So far.