Chapter 5 - Questions and Unknown Answers

Lily's POV

"I hope Ed likes it."

"What are you talking about? He'll love it, Harry. It's delicious."

I gave him a smile and he returned it with one of his own. After we finished our pizza, we decided that we'd cook dinner for the three of us later. We went out to get the ingredients since Ed has absolutely nothing in his pantry except junk food and mac and cheese. I continued to stir the pot of spaghetti sauce while Harry cooked the pasta.

Once it was cooked, we set up the table. We sat at the counter while we waited for Ed to come home.

"What time did you say Ed was coming home?" he asked.

"He said late afternoon so it should be soon." I looked at the time on my phone and saw that it was 4:33.

Silence filled the room as we both scrolled through Twitter on our phone.

"I know it's a random question but have you and Ed ever gotten into a fight?" He grinned as he asked.

I laughed. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. You two seem like you haven't."

"Well, we haven't had like a fight-fight where we were mad at each other but I have beat him up a couple of times when he annoyed me."

He burst out laughing. "What happened?"

"When I liked this boy one summer, he told him that I was into girls and scared him away."

He laughed again. "And you beat him up for that?"

I giggled. "I really liked him, okay?"

The room got quiet as his laughter died down.

"So, yeah. Me and Ed have never gotten mad at each other. We either think it's a waste of time to worry about it or we just laugh it off or we just move on."

He just smiled and nodded before looking away.

Suddenly, we jumped as the front door slammed open.

"LILY!"

My eyes widened at the sound of Ed's booming voice.

"I spoke too soon." I nervously got up from my chair and headed out to the living room. I walked into the living room just as Ed came out of the hallway, his face slightly red in anger.

"Ed, what's wrong?" I asked.

He walked up to me and shoved his phone in my face.

"What the hell is this?" he asked.

I looked at the phone and my eyebrows scrunched in confusion before my eyes widened. It was a picture of me and Harry last night when we were walking to the London Eye.

Hand in hand.

Shit.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming up behind me.

"What happened?" Harry said from behind.

Ed's face reddened even more and his jaw tense as he looked at Harry, dropping his hand down to his side.

"What is he doing here?" he said through gritted teeth.

"I...he...he just came over...to hang out," I stuttered. I've never seen Ed this angry before. But why was he acting like this?

"Why?" Ed asked.

"I was bored and I asked him to come over to watch a movie," I explained.

Ed looked away, taking deep breaths before looking back up at me.