Chapter 30 - Learning From Mistakes

Lily's POV

"I'm sure he'll understand," Perrie says through the phone. I had called her right before we were supposed to meet up for the airport to let her know that I couldn't make it to Paris anymore.

"Perrie, I don't know what to do. I want to tell him the truth but, at the same time, I don't want to worry him. If I tell him, he's going to think a million different things in his mind. He's done it before, I know he's going to think something of it. Maybe I should just tell him when he comes back."

"It's up to you. I don't really know what you should do."

I hear someone say something on Perrie's line.

"Sorry, babe, I have to go, they're boarding the flight now."

I sigh. "Alright. I really wish I was there right now. I was so excited."

Perrie is silent for a while. "Harry was excited, too. You have no idea."

My heart drops. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing, nothing. I'm sure he'll understand. Anyways, I have to go. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

I really wanted to ask her what she meant. I know she meant something about what she said about Harry being excited.

"Okay. Please don't say anything to Harry. I'll tell him myself."

"Yeah, no worries."

"Thanks, Perrie. Have a safe flight."

"Thanks. I'll talk to you soon."

We hang up the phone and I make my way out of my room and head towards Ed's. I knock on the door.

"Come in."

I open the door and see Ed putting his shoes on. I walk up to him and sit down on the bed beside him.

"What's up?" he asks.

"So...I have to talk to you about something."

He finishes tying his shoes and looks over at me. "What is it? Aren't you supposed to be going to Paris?"

I take a deep breath. Another person that I was scared to talk about where I'm going was Ed. I know his feelings towards Marcus so I'm worried about how he's going to react.

"I was but...something came up." He just waits for me to continue. "Um...remember when I was still with Marcus and I was talking to you about him?"

His face hardens when I say Marcus' name but he remains silent.

"So, it's about his mum. He called me today and told me that she passed away."

His face softens and he gives me a sympathetic look. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Lily."

He knows how much I adored Marcus' mum so he must know how I'm feeling right now.

I just shrug in response. "So yeah...the funeral is today and he wants me there. And I feel like I need to be there to support him."

He nods. "I understand. So you can't go to Paris anymore?"

I shake my head. "I'm leaving soon for the funeral, actually."

"Does Harry know?"

I tense and look down at my hands on my lap.

"Lily?" he says in an accusatory tone. "You did tell him, right?"

"I will tell him. I'm just going to wait until he comes home. I don't want him to worry about it while he's in Paris."

"Lily, I think he's going to worry even more that you canceled last minute without you telling him the reason."