Chapter 17 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Lily's POV

I stop dead in my tracks, causing Harry to be pulled back. He turns around and looks at me confusedly.

"What's wrong?"

I look around the room nervously.

"I...I'm...you...am I..." I stutter, not know what to say.

Harry didn't expect me to sing in front of a crowd, did he? I was just able to play in front of Harry. That didn't mean that I was ready to play in front of a whole crowd. Is that why he didn't tell me he was bringing me here so that I couldn't back out?

He seems to notice how incredibly nervous I got and realization crosses his features. He walks up right in front of me, puts down the guitar case and takes both of my hands in his.

"Lily. It's not what you think." I look up at him, my eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "I didn't bring you here to play in front of people. I just wanted you to get the feeling of playing on stage. Don't worry, it'll just be you and me for now."

I take a big breath in relief, my nerves disappearing instantly.

"I'm sorry. I should've told you before we got in here but I wanted to surprise you," he gives me a nervous smile. I felt bad for how I reacted because it seemed like Harry was excited to show me what he had planned.

I smile up at him and put my arms around his neck.

"It's okay. I think this is great. I was just worried for a second but I'm okay now. Let's get started, yeah?" I ask. He smiles and nods before I pull away. He takes the guitar case and places it beside the microphone standing in the middle of the stage near the front. I take the small set of steps onto the stage and wait for Harry. He walks on stage and grabs a stool, placing it behind the microphone. He gestures for me to sit down and I do as told. He takes the guitar out of the case and hands it to me. I place it across my lap, putting the strap around my shoulders. I look around in front of me, seeing the empty room. It still made me feel nervous but it was an excited nervous.

"Just start whenever you like," Harry says. He hops off of the low stage and stands in front of me.

"Woo! Let's go, Lily!" Harry shouts from below and he starts clapping. I laugh, feeling more comfortable. I strum the guitar, hearing the sound amplifying all around the room from the speakers. It was great hearing the sounds I was making playing all around the room. I've never experienced this before so it was nerve-wracking and exhilarating at the same time.

I decided to play John Mayer's Your Body is a Wonderland. I loved playing that song on the guitar and I loved how I was able to play around with the melody, changing it up to make it my own.

As soon as I heard my voice resonating around the room, I felt my whole body come alive. This is what I've wanted to do my whole life. I wanted to hear my voice echoing around a room, singing my heart out on a stage in front of people.

I was close to finally achieving my dreams.

I focused on Harry and only Harry as I sang.

"We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do
Discover me
Discovering you

One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue

And if you want love
We'll make it
Swim in a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em